• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I must have an addiction.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went through a pretty serious addiction stage on building flintlocks, one day I said to myself "I have enough" and don't plan to build another after I finish the one I am working on now.

One reason is my my age and the fact that my son could care less about my rifles and smoothbores. It pains me to realize all my work will probably go down the tubes at an estate auction if I can't find some relative who would cherish these fine guns. I have too many to unload on just one person, at the present I only have one nephew who would love to have them.

I don't want to give them to someone who would turn around and sell them for peanuts. I could sell them but I don't need the money, I never thought of them as having a price tag on them.

Similar situation here, My oldest is indifferent and most of my stuff is wrong handed. He only cares about the high speed low drag Taticool stuff now days and I have only a couple of those damn things. The other one could give a flip. His son (my grandson) however there may be hope. He is 10 and likes to shoot bows with me and likes to hunt with me. I bought him a .36 perc. a couple of weeks ago. I just hope it sticks, it seems this COVID lock down stuff has done a number on him. He hardly has time for me cuz he is constantly on the computer playing games or whatever. I just keep on keeping on. When it comes time and nobody gives a flip, may just find some lucky wrong handed individuals that I feel deserves them and spread the love. We'll see.

Hi Hawkeye. You could always start building miniature log cabins lol. Stay safe. Simon

Reminds me of my first set of Lincoln logs. On the lid was a picture of some Wild West fort out in Indian country. Inside were enough logs to make a poor version of the gateposts...or a VERY small one-holer hut without a back wall.

Reminds me of my first set of Lincoln logs. On the lid was a picture of some Wild West fort out in Indian country. Inside were enough logs to make a poor version of the gateposts...or a VERY small one-holer hut without a back wall.
I have quite a large set of Lincoln logs, but my grandkids have never been really interested

The "Addiction" is medically good for you in some cases. I can testify to this because when I was younger , I saved my budgeted lunch money to purchase m/l rifle parts instead of buying high calorie lunches. Been told by obviously "quack" doctors fat is bad. What do they know?

Back