• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I must have an addiction.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called it my hobby. My late wife called it a disease. I'm 70 years old now and still haven't found a cure since I was 7 years old running around wearing a Union kepi and carrying my cork shooting toy musket and greenie - stickum - caps. LOL
Finally retiring after this year. Then I'll have more time to work on gun projects and get much needed range time.
Have enough gun projects to keep me busy for a long time.

Naaah, that money is well spent! We just need more money to buy those too! Jus say’n! 😀
It's just over 35 years. Not in the photo sre a couple short arms NY doesn't allow. LIL and a couple csp n ball. The test of my flinters are safe in bed.

Last edited:
We could still be wasting our money on wine, women & song.....

Well, I have wasted a lot of money since I have an x husband. Should have kicked him out 10 years before. I'm still paying for it.

Ummmmm Dudette possibly 🤣😂

Gotcha though. I do this once a year and it always surprises me to see them in rank. I normally see no more than 4 at a time.

I called it my hobby. My late wife called it a disease. I'm 70 years old now and still haven't found a cure since I was 7 years old running around wearing a Union kepi and carrying my cork shooting toy musket and greenie - stickum - caps. LOL
Finally retiring after this year. Then I'll have more time to work on gun projects and get much needed range time.
Have enough gun projects to keep me busy for a long time.
I retired in 2014....or rather was forced to retire loosing my profession. 😔

I really don't kniw how I worked 2 jobs for most of 30 years AND had time to shoot and everything.

My mom has photos of me as a kid with Indian garb, cowboy stuff and biws and arrows and cap pistols.. I stolid have two cap guns, my cowboy had, Indian headdress, Skipper doll toy horses and a dump truck. Wish I still had the backhoe.

Is it a wonder why this girl started out in Architecture, and Civil engineering then became a cartographer, then a firefighter and paramedic ..and more historical art skills. Blacksmith, leatherworker, turnshoe cordwain, quillworker, Windsor chair maker and box maker, .... this life has been interesting. I look forward to what is next. Its why this lockdown for the covid has me going nuts.

I really don't kniw how I worked 2 jobs for most of 30 years AND had time to shoot and everything.

My mom has photos of me as a kid with Indian garb, cowboy stuff and biws and arrows and cap pistols.. I stolid have two cap guns, my cowboy had, Indian headdress, Skipper doll toy horses and a dump truck. Wish I still had the backhoe.

Is it a wonder why this girl started out in Architecture, and Civil engineering then became a cartographer, then a firefighter and paramedic ..and more historical art skills. Blacksmith, leatherworker, turnshoe cordwain, quillworker, Windsor chair maker and box maker, .... this life has been interesting. I look forward to what is next. Its why this lockdown for the covid has me going nuts.
Hi Hawkeye. You could always start building miniature log cabins lol. Stay safe. Simon

Attachments

• F2FAF1C8-9501-42CD-A1E7-7868E8E61C37.jpeg
    F2FAF1C8-9501-42CD-A1E7-7868E8E61C37.jpeg
    95.9 KB
  • 520FB78E-B7D7-435C-BC38-B1375DFFF6BC.jpeg
    520FB78E-B7D7-435C-BC38-B1375DFFF6BC.jpeg
    160.7 KB
Well, I have wasted a lot of money since I have an x husband. Should have kicked him out 10 years before. I'm still paying for it.

Ummmmm Dudette possibly 🤣😂

Gotcha though. I do this once a year and it always surprises me to see them in rank. I normally see no more than 4 at a time.
My apologies, I meant no disrespect. I do like your collection.

My name is Ohio Hawkeye and I am an addict... you are among others here on the forum. We try to help each other with our addictions .

Tomboys have/are more fun. I know - I married one.

I went through a pretty serious addiction stage on building flintlocks, one day I said to myself "I have enough" and don't plan to build another after I finish the one I am working on now.

One reason is my my age and the fact that my son could care less about my rifles and smoothbores. It pains me to realize all my work will probably go down the tubes at an estate auction if I can't find some relative who would cherish these fine guns. I have too many to unload on just one person, at the present I only have one nephew who would love to have them.

I don't want to give them to someone who would turn around and sell them for peanuts. I could sell them but I don't need the money, I never thought of them as having a price tag on them.

My apologies, I meant no disrespect. I do like your collection.

None taken. I'm just teasing you back.

Interesting on the cell phone, we can't seee eachother's signature lines.

Wow! You're amazing, OhioHawkeye. That's many more professions than I ever thought about trying.

Must be in the blood. I am named after my mom's dad......
Finish carpenter, mechanic, aircraft mechanic, pilot, airfield owner, oil wildcatter, oil field firefighter, finish carpenter, nicholodian movie maker (those were the flip card type movies, movie maker, photographer, sheriff, ....yet his death certificate says Laborer.

Being an addict suggests that you can’t stop what you are doing. I am not an addict because I have never tried to stop.

Keeps us out of the bingo halls, There are worst things we could get into but right now I cannot think of any that's legal.

Back