• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I need new nipples

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madbrad

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I shot my .44 and .36 New Model C&B pistols this weekend, and was having some problems with the nipples retaining the caps I was using Remington #11 caps. I would like to find some replacment nipples that are snug fitting with the caps. Any ideas?

Actually I would try #10 caps first and see if they work. You can also try different makers caps, there does seem to be differences in sizes between the different makes.

Sometimes it seems all of my C&B's take a different size or brand of caps to work correctly.

If that doesnt work, you might want to look at the stainless nipples that Cabelas is selling now. I got a set for each of my 1860's and I have not had a problem with them. They both take the #10 caps and they fit extremely well. Not sure who makes them though, as they were packaged in a Cabelas bag.

Thanks I have a tin of #10's somewhere around here I will give that a try first.

Hi Brad I havn't seen you before so welcome to the forum :hatsoff:

What I have started to do I have only done it three times but it seems to work. #10 caps are hard to find locally so knowing that after my first cylinder was shot the fouling holds the caps ok I fire my first one with the 10's and all after with the 11's.

I do this so I don't always have to be looking for special caps.

Why not just pinch the caps to make them hold the nipple tighter? I always found going to the #10 was a bad solution as it was difficult to get them onto my nipples, particularly after the first shot left some crud on the nipples to fight.

Thanks for the welcome Pitts. I will give the #10's then 11's a try Dicks Sporting goods hear in NC just had tins of #11's for $0.97 so I bought all they had but I only have one tin of the #10's.

As for pintching them I have tried that but it is still not consistant enough for me in regards to stayin on the nipple during firing.

Latest posts

Back