• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I think it's finished

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldhunter

54 Cal.
Reaction score
So I started this project back in January, I think. :hmm: It started as this:
P1110028.jpg

Today, it looks like this:
028.jpg

It's kind of based off of the rifle in RCA vol 1, # 66 (pg 280).
006.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

Here are some more pics:

014.jpg

017.jpg

020.jpg

009.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

Many thanks to you fine gentlemen on here for the advice, the answers, and the answers to others as well. They all really helped me out alot! :bow:

Thanks much for all the kind words.

Rich, Of this type it's number one. I've built three other kits (TC, GPR, and a Traditions pistol) I also restocked my TC in Curly Maple in prep for this rifle. Total of four, so far. It's an addiction!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment!!

good choice, think I'm leaning that way myself if I get time to build another for me. Atleast I have the parts.

Goldhunter,
Great work! You have turned a piece of wood and
metal parts into a work of art!!!! :bow: :applause:
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Thanks, It's a .54 with a 38" swamped barrel. I'm not sure when I'll get to shoot it yet. :shake:
I've got a long trip coming up.

thanks again.

Nice work! If your upcoming trip is going to interfer with shooting it. I'll be happy to help you out :grin: I know, don't thank me now. I'll drive south and let you know how it shoots........

Just let me know when..... :v

:rotf: Thanks Matt! I was looking forward to hunting with it this fall. Oh well, it just makes waiting all that much sweeter. :v

Back