• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I think it's finished

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great. Hope you didn't think I was nitpicking. I always look at things like that in a rifle. Gives a nice touch.

An aside. We stayed at friends condo a couple of years ago in FL one weel and the electricians had every screw in the switchplates and plug covers lined north and south. I was the only one who noticed including the owners.

No, not at all. :thumbsup: I appreciate any advice.

It's funny you should talk about light covers. Every one in my house is like that. I noticed it the day we moved in. Told my wife about it, told here about fine rifles being made that way also. She just looked at me, nodded her head in the "you poor man, you have a sickness" way, patted my arm and said, "Really? That's nice dear." :rotf:

Even among the very finest pieces built for royalty, I have found very few original 18th century guns with aligned screws. Seems like it comes from a modern mindset.

It's a;ways nice to see how someone takes that pile of raw parts and build a work of art. Nice job!! Emery

That is a beauty! I just finally assembled my Hawken tonight, not bad for a first effort. I have'nt fired it yet and I'm wanting to tackle another project, this is addicting.

reddogge said:
We stayed at friends condo a couple of years ago in FL one week and the electricians had every screw in the switchplates and plug covers lined north and south. I was the only one who noticed including the owners.
And here I thought I was the only sparky that did that! It doesn't take any extra time and just shows a little pride in your work to my way of thinking. I try to get the screws on my guns to be parallel to the bore if possible also.

All are nice, Goldhunter. You might like to come over here some time and meet the shooters and builders here.

Herb, I'd like that.

I'd like to attend more shoots in the state but work always seems to interfer. I was going to try to attend atleast a day of the RMNR near McKinnon last July, but no luck.

Back