• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I want,, what do you want.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow#21957

50 Cal.
Reaction score
If I could afford it I would have a Quigley down under rifle.even before that movie I've always liked a single shot big bore with a nice sight.

Sharps, aand rolling blocks are pretty neat, I couldn’t begin to play with all the guns I would love to own.
Our member @Rifleman76 Frank Fusco won a rifle at ge Bicentennial Friendship shoot in ‘76. My mother didn’t have any gold teeth I could have sold to get it.and I didn’t have any children myself so my first born was out.
It isn’t the most beautiful gun I’ve ever seen, though it’s gorgeous, but it’s just special
I tried to talk Frank in to adopting me, he just laughed

Get a Whitworth, he’s credited for establishing Long Range shooting..1857
530gr PP over 68gr BP

Just remember the heavy barreled, scoped American bench rifle had no equal until the advent of quality smokeless powder.....

If I could afford it I would have a Quigley down under rifle.even before that movie I've always liked a single shot big bore with a nice sight.
There was one in the original Quig caliber on display at a shop I used to frequent; I'd guess maybe the Pedersoli is still available in that caliber? Bet it would cost a couple grand if still being offered.

I always liked the idea of getting the "mostest" with the "leastest" so a .45 was the very first AND the second one in my gun safe. I like the .54 but it isn't really needed along the eastern seaboard. I used the .54 and a .62 on deer and they were splendid; but no more so than my .45. Therefore I committed to the .32 and .36 for anything smaller than deer.

I always liked the idea of getting the "mostest" with the "leastest" so a .45 was the very first AND the second one in my gun safe. I like the .54 but it isn't really needed along the eastern seaboard. I used the .54 and a .62 on deer and they were splendid; but no more so than my .45. Therefore I committed to the .32 and .36 for anything smaller than deer.
i really like my 50's, 54's etc. but i find my .45's in my hands most of the time. just a pleasure to shoot and seemingly very forgiving. and i need forgiving!!

Latest posts

Back