• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ID help needed for new long rifle.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anders L said:
1809, my bad. I believe that this is not the year that it was made. The barrel should be late 18th C. The year stands for something else...

Anders, I agree, the pattern is definitely earlier than "1809" but it could be an older pattern still in production as late as 1809. As you are well aware, not everyone updated their patterns as often as Britain, France and the US. My vote stays for date (manufacture or acceptance) but you could be right and are certainly in a better position to have the correct information than I.

Dan asks some great questions.

It is a beautiful rifle (Swedish maybe?) and the rear sight is fascinating, I like it. :hatsoff:

Thanks for all good responses and thoughts! :grin:

The caliber i a typical hunting size 14 mm. I believe that the gun it self does not have any military origin, that it is made for civil use.

But there could of course be some parts originating from military weapons. Some gunmakers bought military locks and this lock is somewhat military looking.But the fittings and the stock is all civilian.

The gun is bought in Sweden. I have not removed the barrel yet to check for more stamps. Will check that out soon. :hmm:

These rear sights are very common, I can post more pics of these.

Back