• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

If i had about 1,000 dollars...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been very pleased with my TVM southern rifle. Like you I wanted a no frills quality rifle for regular use, and it has been exactly that. I drove up to Corinth and picked mine up at Matt Avance's shop. great guy to chat with, and he's got all kinds of neat goodies in the shop.

curly maple will cost you a little more $$ probably than $1000. Unless, like some have mentioned, you can find a good used one. if I had $1000 to burn, i'd get another one from him

try a guy called mike lange. he builds rifles that are quality guns but they dont take a big chunk out of the working mans budjet. type in google mike lange rifles and see what you get.

I've dealt with Mike Lange in the past and consider him a fine individual and builder. I have been in contact with him about a rifle build I may go ahead with eventually.

It is true he does fine work and charges significantly less that most others. He prefers to build plain, very good looking guns to be used and not just looked at. He especially likes to build "rugrat" rifles for kids. He generally uses locks, barrels and such he can buy up inexpensively. He tunes the locks and you can expect excellent performance. Just something to keep in mind if $ is a major issue.

Back