• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

IF you could only hunt one animal...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
With seasons winding down, I thought I would ask the tough question....

IF (for whatever reason) you could only hunt one game animal with your muzzleloader forever more, what animal would you hunt?

Though it's an excruciating question to ponder, I would choose.......Turkeys.

What say you?

Skychief.

I love being out in the beautiful fall woods with cooler weather more than any other season...and I look forward to NC's deer season (eastern whitetails) more than any other...so I have to pick fall deer season.

2nd choice - fall squirrels for similar reasons
3rd choice - spring turkey as sort of a mid-cycle hunting opportunity

Deer!

I'd trap the squirrels. Not the same as "hunting". That's cheating the original thread, as I think it was meant to be, what is the single game animal you'd harvest if you could harvest only one? :grin: ???

OH wait, get a group of hunters, each harvest a different animal, then trade between each other!

[Dude you're reading waaay to much into the thread]

Oh sorry. :redface:

LD

Hunting elk in the MLing season which normally includes the rut, would be it. The mountains are a treat in themselves, elk can be called in, constantly on the move {never was a good sitter} and the meat is excellent. A close second would be ruffed grouse hunting.....Fred

The tasty ones, of course. I'm not picky.

Seriously, pick one, as in, just one? Really? Please say it aint so. Ok, I'd have to say pig. No closed season, no bag limit, good meat, and as has been said, they can hunt you back.

elk hands down, only got to hunt them once since you can only draw a tag once about every 20 years on average here but it would be so fun to do with a muzzy.

Back