• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

If you had only two choices.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you had only two choices for a ball and patch rifle...one with a 5 groove barrel and one with a 9 groove barrel. Which would you choose and why?

If you had only two choices for a ball and patch rifle...one with a 5 groove barrel and one with a 9 groove barrel. Which would you choose and why?
I see you are in Brazil. Maybe tell us about the barrels you have and how they shoot. Or are you asking about what kind of barrel you should try to obtain? Suspect you may have limitations on what you may be able to get compared to those of us in the USA.

I see you are in Brazil. Maybe tell us about the barrels you have and how they shoot. Or are you asking about what kind of barrel you should try to obtain? Suspect you may have limitations on what you may be able to get compared to those of us in the USA.
Yes... I'm in Brazil and the limitations are great. The question is about a possible purchase... the twist and depth are negotiable, but the number of grooves are only those two... I don't know why. The caliber is possibly a .45

I deleted my post. It would not have been helpful with you being in Brazil.
Why would his being in Brazil affect your view? He lives there , Nice to hear he's into muzzleloading .Only thing I know about Brazil is they once imported ' Lazzarino guns' a really basic flintlock gun. Good luck to him. Rudyard

You've seen replies about the depth of the rifling, and the width of the rifling, and one asked about the twist rate.

I'd try to test fire both and whichever was the most accurate would be what I would choose.

IF I could not test fire, then I'd go with a 1:48 twist rate or slower.

LD

Latest posts

Back