• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

IL BP Hunters

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was wondering how many folks on the site are actual hunters here in Illinois? Do any of you do any other hunting, meaning Elk, etc.? Do any of you get together and try and do a hunt a year or every other year? Would like to get to know some folks, and burn some powder. I am NE IL.
Aim small, miss small...

Guys, I am not looking for hunting spots, areas, etc. Just looking to plan a Elk, Caribou, or some other hunt with fellow powder burners. Heck maybe even a public land deer hunt.
Aim small, miss small...

Caribou is a relax stress free hunt if the weathers decent, and the caribou are on the move. Our whole group shot 2 caribou each in 4 days when we had a week to hunt. Trick is finding a guide that is experienced with a primitive muzzleloader and or archery limitations most of their clients use a Cf rifle, those that use a muzzleloader almost all use inlines. Our group had 3 great guides and put us all within 30-40 yards of the heard and were great guides. I even got one with a bow. We hunted in Canada about 35 miles east of the Alaska border. It used to be cheaper to hunt in Canada but not sure anymore weather Alaska might be the better bet.

Thanks 2 Tall. I use to guide up in N. Canada for Caribou and Bear. We were out of Schefferville, and up close to Ungava Bay. Loved it, but want to do just a hunt were I do not have to worry about 25 other guys over three to four weeks. Just trying to find some guys how enjoy hunting and burning black powder as much as I do.
Aim small, miss small...

Latest posts

Back