• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I'm curious, what would you make?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny that you should bring up Mike. I had actually copied the first picture at the top of the column of fowler pics on his site as a suggestion. I was going to post it in my reply and then thought maybe it wouldn't be cool to do so. Oh well here it is.

clemonsfowler1.jpg

:hmm:
Swampy,
I would have to say,as good as your photos are,I would have to see,and actually
run my hand over that,to make a judgement.
Whatever your choice may be,it will be great looking for sure.
Let us know what you decide.
snake-eyes

I know you use a shorter gun so an early 18th century big butted English smooth carbine.

Actually, Mike found pic's of a very nice original French rifle that appears to have a 34", 36" barrel. Exactly what I was looking for. I can't wait to see the stock he whittles out of that piece of wood. :thumbsup:

Ya know Swampy, if you bandsawed that wood right down the middle, and shaped the pieces just a tad, you could have two very pretty boat paddles. I suppose it's your call if you really want some old gun made out of it. :idunno: Bill

Yeah, well having been born in Verdun, I've wanted a French gun since I researched the New England guns and knew someday I would. Mikes found pics of a very nice French rifle that I've been drooling over for a while. I think it's the perfect platform for the .62 rifled barrel and should come in weighing 8 to 8 1/2 lbs. Looks like I'll be able to have a good morning at the range with it without it beating me all to hell. :haha: I'd love to have one of Mikes fowlers, who wouldn't? Maybe someday that'll happen but for now a one of kind rifle is in order. :grin:

I'd build a very dark, stoic looking New England fowler. A gun fit for a Parson. I've been on the lookout for a piece of black walnut to do just that.

Back