• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I'm Drooling!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flinter987

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I stopped by one of our local specialty gun stores today and found this! Now I'm drooling! Doubt I'll buy it, but it sure is cool! All they know about it is that it is mediterranean in origin. I thought I'd post it on here for you all to see and also was wondering if anyone has any more info on it. Thanks!
Flinter

012.jpg

It's about .62 caliber. There's a ton of proof markings on the barrel, but I don't see anything designating the gunmaker.

Well it has the French style Lepage or Mang style grip...but from the looks of the bore and tang I would say its best to keep this one in the relic
catagory and dont try to polish it up and shoot it, The frizzen pattern is something I have Never seen before....and actually the price is very LOW for such an antique!

Yeah, I wouldn't want to shoot this one either! What do you think worth is?? I would be interested in buying it and making a replica - do you know of anyone who would engrave the "bands" on the barrel for me if I tried attempting such a project?
Flinter

I don't think its worth a penny more than the asking price...if that. Cheap "tourist trade" junk - and this sort of stuff goes back well into the 19th (if not the 18th) century. The vertical striations on the frizzen are common on Mediterranean and North African guns.

Back