• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I'm finished for the year!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went out this morning and it was a mind numbingly brutal 35 degrees. All the deer have clearly frozen to death. I almost lost a finger to frostbite. I barely made it out alive. Human beans cannot survive in this extreme weather.

Yeah, a light jacket will help.
We can even see daytime temperatures around there here once in a while this time of year!
Lemme see, we can see those temps at night usually by June :haha:

Supercracker said:
Went out this morning and it was a mind numbingly brutal 35 degrees. All the deer have clearly frozen to death. I almost lost a finger to frostbite. I barely made it out alive. Human beans cannot survive in this extreme weather.

Well sir, Marines are tropical birds by nature and I feel yer pain. Tuesday morning it was 14 here.

I went to Florida once... Told my wife that she took me to the gates of Hell :haha: and I thought it was hot in Georgia...

I'll take the heat over this anyday. I can find pigs when it's 95 a lot easier than I can when it's 35!!

have I mentioned that I HATE the cold!?

Micanopy said:
Supercracker said:

Well sir, Marines are tropical birds by nature and I feel yer pain. Tuesday morning it was 14 here.

one of the worst experiences of my life was when some brainiac Lt decided that we needed to do surf assault training in Norfolk.................IN THE SNOW!

I would rather be stabbed again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Supercracker said:
I'll take the heat over this anyday. I can find pigs when it's 95 a lot easier than I can when it's 35!!

have I mentioned that I HATE the cold!?

To each his own.

Anything over 50 degrees is too hot for me.

So . . . were you wearing shorts? :grin:

They do that around here, then complain about the stickers!

We were 32 this morning, but 9 two days ago! heading for the mid 70's this afternoon! I plan on going out and shoot some of those vicious paper target thingies with my new/old gun!

I prefer over 50 . . . but under 90!

i Dont know what it is in Farenheight( damn canadians... I know) But around here i like about 5 to -5 for deer hunting.

Im a duck hunter mostly though so -10 and a good north wind get the divers coming in good as well as the big fat green heads. Early season and 20 degrees is stinkin hot!

It's 12 right now in my blind and I'm sweating. Give me a couple hours and I'll be cold, hope a deer walk by before then.

Back