• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I'm finished for the year!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going out to hunt in a snow storm that should break God willing before 8 am and then the deer will move we hope. They did not move tonight.

They didn't move all day! Well, except for the one doe that snuck up right behind me from down-wind and peeked around the tree I was sitting against before I saw her... :shocked2: :haha:

Seriously, you other guys all should come visit Illinois where it can be -30 to +110 degrees. If you don't like the weather here you just wait a while 'cause it'll change.
I remember one day a couple years ago during deer season when I was sweating in the sunshine in my short-sleeved t-shirt at 9:00 am, proceeded thru fog, rain, lightning, snow, sleet, and freezing rain and when I stood up at 5:00 pm to go home 1/2 inch of ice buildup crinkled off of me!

currently waiting standby to hunt at local public ground If the FS and TWC predictions are correct because they correlate I should be seeing deer at 10-1pm if I get out and roll into an area. We hope the other hunters are light weights. I hauled butt out to the stand after work yesterday got 45 min of stand time loaded the muzzle loader in the tree stand. I saw nothing but it was nice to sit in the stillness and quiet.

Back