• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I'm happy with that...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was gifted some .445 round balls a while back. Now my Douglas barrel LIKES .445 but it's lock has developed further problems. The Tennessee Mt rifle has a slighlty "narrower" barrel but I also got a hold of some thinner ticking and thought I'd give it a try. First round went down pretty stiff, 2nd I had to smack it pretty good, and the 3rd; well let's just say I am glad I had a brass range rod to pile drive that thing down. That was enough of that! So my brains were actually kind of working today and I brought along some 100% cotton flannel rounds - gun cleaning patches - lubed with 50/50 water/dish soap. First one cleaned the barrel up and the rest loaded fairly smoothly. Only problem was the wind. Direct cross wind and at this particular site even us "Primitive" shooters have to use those dang tubes - 10ft long 5ft diameter sewer pipe. With the light wind the way it was the smoke just hung in there forever! But the results weren't nothin' to sneeze at. 14 shots on target at 50 yards with these 63 year old eyeballs. I'll take it.

20241024_142123-2.jpg

Back