• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

In the eighteenth century....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
..... I was, enjoying the wind, sun and showers looking for a rabbit. I could of been 150 years past when all fantasy was shattered, the phone rang!

A friend's”‹ diesel would not start after fitting a new fuel filter!

Hence I dutifully marched towards my car to go and assist him and to my surprise I finally bumped into bunny!

Only 20yards.
My friends car is running fine now .

B :hatsoff:

We can't go back in time, we can try to taste it but it's a fleeting sip . Wool linen steel black powder cooked in tin pot over a hand struck fire et al it's just a glance. Sometimes across the myst of time we feel it, but it fades away.... that's ok

IMG_20170611_194830677_HDR_zpsgp4adquc.jpg

Good shooting! Beautiful day...

If woman don't find you handsome!

at least they find you Handy! :rotf:

Good save on the diesel...Nice bunny!

Congratulations Nate on scoring a nice fat bunny. That is a nice looking fowler. I envy you for being able to hunt them when it pleases you, we have a season, a bag limit, and a possession limit, (usually 2 days take). Once they are cut up and processed, or eaten, they are no longer considered in your possession, they are groceries. robin :bow:

Wool linen steel black powder cooked in tin pot over a hand struck fire et al it's just a glance

?, huh?, does not sound very tasty to me.

Darren Haverstick said:
Man, you are hard on those rabbits! What is your favorite way to fix them?

Darren
I like dicing the meat and frying with chopped smokey bacon. Add peppers and black pepper.
A few options can be chosen from there.
Quick and simple.

B.

Darren Haverstick said:

Darren

May I humbly suggest that to about 3 bunnies that you combine a cup flour, three teaspoons salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper and dredge bunny pieces till well coated. Heat bacon drippings in cast iron skillet or Dutch oven. Add rabbit and saute till golden brown on all sides. Then remove rabbit and stir in four cups minced onions to the drippings and add six cups boiling water and either a bay leaf or pinch of oregano. Cover and simmer about two hours or until rabbit is tender and gravy thickens. Arrange on platter and pour on the gravy. Bacon drippings is the secret! :wink:

Even older bunnies will be tender and delicious. I left out the tablespoon of your best hot red ground chili powder or equivalent in chilies...lest I be responsible for too many "come on ice cream" moments! :rotf: I should also note this method has worked well on squirrel, dove , quail, one pheasant and a careless rattlesnake with tasty results. :haha:

My Mom was German and I loved to egg her on to making Hassenpfeffer...which she made much better than I could ever hope to. I have her recipe but it's an acquired taste...German sweet & sour is nothing like you get at Panda Express! :blah: :shake:

Wes/Tex said:
Darren Haverstick said:

Darren

May I humbly suggest that to about 3 bunnies that you combine a cup flour, three teaspoons salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper and dredge bunny pieces till well coated. Heat bacon drippings in cast iron skillet or Dutch oven. Add rabbit and saute till golden brown on all sides. Then remove rabbit and stir in four cups minced onions to the drippings and add six cups boiling water and either a bay leaf or pinch of oregano. Cover and simmer about two hours or until rabbit is tender and gravy thickens. Arrange on platter and pour on the gravy. Bacon drippings is the secret! :wink:

Even older bunnies will be tender and delicious. I left out the tablespoon of your best hot red ground chili powder or equivalent in chilies...lest I be responsible for too many "come on ice cream" moments! :rotf: I should also note this method has worked well on squirrel, dove , quail, one pheasant and a careless rattlesnake with tasty results. :haha:

My Mom was German and I loved to egg her on to making Hassenpfeffer...which she made much better than I could ever hope to. I have her recipe but it's an acquired taste...German sweet & sour is nothing like you get at Panda Express! :blah: :shake:
:hatsoff:
Sounds good.

B.

Back