• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Incredible Testimonal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
roundball said:
J.R. said:
On the Cabin Creek websight the following comment has ben posted by a customer regarding what he was able to do with one of their rifles:

"Enclosed are photos of 2 buck that were taken with "Yorktown" rifle. The first was shot at 160 yards. The second one was shot at a strong 275 yards. This should say a lot about the craftsmanship of your rifles. The quality is outstanding and I believe the finest made. If anyone wants a rifle of the finest workmanship, I would be happy to expound your rifles."

275 yrds :shocked2: We argue around here about 100 yrd shots being too far for an open sighted flinter. I don't know how he did this. Lets assume that he is shooting the .54, and also lets assume he has got that thing loaded up to where he is getting 2000 fps at the muzzle, which is possible. At 275 yrs that round ball (again I have to assume he was using a round ball) has dropped over 10 feet and is only packing a little more than 200 fpe. The ballistics notwithstanding, how do you aim in the field at these distances? No doubt this rifle from Cabin Creek is a beauty, but this 275 yrd shot seems pretty fantastic to me. Can enyone else shine some light on the facts here?
I'd have to see it to believe it...and then I'd only give him credit for a once in a lifetime fluke shot and call him irresponsible for trying.
Sounds like something a paid 'shill' would say for a company...on that thought, are this guy's initials T.B.?
:shocked2: :shocked2: T.B.-T.B. why id never say such a thing :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

you guys summed up everything i was gonna say. irresponsible shot. wait....maybe he slowed the bullet down to 55mph and put some headlights on it.

two-bellys said:
i seen a marine from the 3rd div. take out a water buff at over 8oo-yards with an- m14 with fell in his tracks still tied to the plow. :rotf: .

It was a Marine shooting, what would you expect
:haha: ? Seriousely tho and off the topic, I wonder just how many poor vietnamese water bo's died in that "conflict" :confused: ?

some how the phrase "full of manure" seem like it would apply to the flintlock -275 yrd-deer story. :shake:

I know of a small herd of them and a few civilians driving that had 5" arty dropped on 'em at dusk following an MC call for fire.

Crankyman said:
two-bellys said:
i seen a marine from the 3rd div. take out a water buff at over 8oo-yards with an- m14 with fell in his tracks still tied to the plow. :rotf: .

It was a Marine shooting, what would you expect
:haha: ? Seriousely tho and off the topic, I wonder just how many poor vietnamese water bo's died in that "conflict" :confused: ?
well at plowing time, for the rice feild buff`s it was a great betting sport, on 1-shot kill`s had to be out to at least 600m i won a few bucks but the my money was always on the marine from ga.-that boy could shoot . sorry got carried away :surrender:

Back