• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Indian muskets?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is because his claims of bad service, bad quality from a good company were based on the fact he wanted the company to do ridiculous things for him.

Did I miss something? Why did Daryl leave?

Daryl chose to leave on his own, and for different reasons than this case stated above, I will leave it at that...

Wow! I'm away from the Forum for a few weeks and look what happens... :: I'm sorry to see Daryl go. He (and I guess indirectly, his brother) definitely had some great info and knowledge to share. On this particular issue however, I too felt that he was being a bit unrealistic in his expectations and criticisms of both his musket and Military Heritage. It just started to smell too much of sour grapes. :shake: As the owner of a similar piece (though mine is from MVTC, don't know if it's the same manufacturer)I can tell you up front that you're not going to get a "custom" quality piece that is going to equal a $2,000 gun. What you WILL get is a solid and very serviceable gun with a somewhat rough finish. In fact, most of these "rough" features are purely cosmetic, and can easily be remedied with a little elbow grease and some basic items available at any hardware store. I can also confidently say that, given the prices charged for semi-custom and custom muzzleloaders these days, these guns are not only a "steal", but are also a godsend for those of us on limited budgets. :m2c:
As far as Military Heritage's response: holy smokes! There are damn few companies of ANY kind that will go to those lengths to satisfy a customer! :shocking: Kudos and continued success to Military Heritage! :thumbsup:

Thanks Robert! I put my order in on Wednesday for a 1756 Long land. Can't wait for it to show up!

Any idea when I should expect it? I tried to call the main number to make sure you had it in stock but the phone was busy all day and the next. I hope that isn't because of a person in this thread.

ROBERT THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR SIDE OF THE STORY HELPS TO CLEAR SOME THINGS UP. AND IT SOUND'S AS IF YOU TOOK GREAT EFFORT TO CLEAR THIS MATTER UP .

Robert,

Thanks for responding to the concerns raised above. It is good to hear the other side.

Especially since I own a MH musket and have so far found that I got what I payed for. It has been noticed by people who have the same or similar guns from you since without a problem.

So far, I have enjoyed your musket. Aside from a bent cock screw (damaged in shipping), having to rethread the ramrod (and the bent cock screw) and some filing to get the bayonet to fit over the lug, I have found precious few nits to pick.

Again, I paid a fairly low price and was quite willing to do a bit of finish work. These are not complaints, but rather an honest statement of my experience with your product.

I am considering the purchase of some more guns from you for our group.

In discussing your guns with others who are involved with re-enacting events, several people have raised issues which might have caused me some concerns. However, most of these were people who had a vested interest in selling very high dollar custom guns and felt threatened by your arrival upon the scene with a lower cost product.

I would also add that the loudest complainer about your muskets reversed his noises when I put my (your) musket in his hand and told him that he was welcome to disassemble it in front of all present so that we all could witness the result. He looked at it for a moment expressed admiration for your product and suddenly remembered other work that needed doing which precluded his unbreeching of the gun at that time. A shame, but I guess that I will do this myself -- someday.

In order to allay these "concerns" can you please address the following points:

1. While your guns are sold without ventholes drilled, the implication is clearly made that this is merely a legal requirement but that the guns will safely stand up to being shot with normal loads of round ball or shot pellets without trouble. In fact, they were designed for this purpose.

2. Specifically, the breech is made to withstand being shot without a problem. It is deep enough and has a thread type that is intended to withstand these pressures.

3. If one were to unbreech the gun, there would not be a problem with the threads. One would not find a situation where pressure caused BP fouling intrusion into the threads which would cause eventual failure through corrosion.

4. If there is a problem MH will stand by its product.

These answers should diffuse this lingering odor which seems to have unfairly clouded the reputation of what I believe to be a fine line of products.

YMHS,
CrackStock

I have been requested to lock this topic, feel free to start a new thread if you wish to talk about muskets...

Musketman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back