• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Inspecting the bore: how?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a set of reflectors that I carry in an Altoids tin along with a Mini-Maglite. I keep it in my shooting box, but also take it along to gun shows so I can check the condition of the bores of any guns I'm interested in. The reflectors are aluminum cylinders about 1/2" long that come in various diameters. I bought a .32, .45, .54, & a .58 so am pretty much covered for most any M/L I come across. Used it a couple of weeks back at a gun show were a guy had an old Belgian target pistol. Asked if I could check the bore, dropped a cylinder down & shone the maglite down there & it was as bright as the day it had left the factory 150 years ago! I wouldn't go to a gun show without them.

Latest posts

Back