• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

interesting reaction

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freekforge

45 Cal.
Reaction score
not sure if this is already known or a weird case but i keep a 7.62x54r case full of fine pyrodex to prime my hand gonnes and cannons and i left it in my pocket and it got washed well i decided i better get rid of it so i lit it and it was gone instantly WAY faster than normal :shocked2:. so if your pyrodex gets wet it may react a lot different and might cause major pressure spikes.has this happened to anyone else?

glad it didn't get dried probably would of blown the door off the drier then id have to explain how that happened

freekforge said:
glad it didn't get dried probably would of blown the door off the drier then id have to explain how that happened

The mental image of this happening has me ROFL. Unlikely though, as I believe the ignition temperature of Pyrodex is higher than that of a dryer.

Since powders are corned, i.e. size of the powder granuals, washing the powder probable broke down the size of the granuals and this resulted in a faster reaction. Just a thought.
Cheers

Your killing me :rotf: That wasn't a Gain, it was due to the Tides of war.
nilo

After reading these replies, I think that the stains in your shorts are due to niccotine from the smoke being blown up your.....uh.....you know where I mean. :blah: :haha:

Latest posts

Back