• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Introducing the Kibler Colonial .58 caliber smoothbore MAXIMUM BLING

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know if it'll stay this way. Probably after the first range trip I'll tear the whole thing apart and Jax Black it. But for now, the goal was to make all the unadorned parts (ie no fancy carving or engraving) just to look as good as they possibly could with maximum polish and shine, or as I would say: MAXIMUM BLING:

Bling_01.png
Bling_02.png
Bling_03.png
Bling_05.png
Bling_06.png
Bling_07.png

Bling_04.png

You know what? You are sure going to use that beauty; and given time, being so shiny now, it will age consistently, those parts contacted the most gaining more patina, like high areas etc - it's only going to get better- I'd let age do all the work from now ... But I'm mindful that that's my opinion; everyone holds different aesthetics.

I remember when I first got my Parker Hale Enfields, they were so shiny and new looking. Normal use has seen the timber satin off, the brass turn mottled and honeycomb, and the blue on the high parts lose some sheen - I would never want to bring them back to how they looked when they were unboxed.

Nicely done @wiscoaster; that's a lot of work there!

Cheers, Pete

Looks great! I wondered what one would look like all polished up and it looks a lot better than I thought it would.

I enjoyed reading your log book stories over the winter too.

I don't know if it'll stay this way. Probably after the first range trip I'll tear the whole thing apart and Jax Black it. But for now, the goal was to make all the unadorned parts (ie no fancy carving or engraving) just to look as good as they possibly could with maximum polish and shine, or as I would say: MAXIMUM BLING:

View attachment 328595View attachment 328596View attachment 328597View attachment 328598View attachment 328599View attachment 328600
View attachment 328601
That’s what I’ve been doing with my Kibler’s instead of browning or blueing. In my opinion they look so much better in the polished white.

Real purty...

That stain color is what I strive for in my builds. It really pops against the polished metal in those tree shade photos.

If you get a chance can you weigh it for us?

Gorgeous, gorgeous, wow! I love it like it is. Yes, it will age quickly and add patina so please don't f%@*) it up trying to change it. I don't consider that to be "bling". Bling is fancy stuff added on that doesn't help the gun to function better. "Bling" is on a gun is like jewelry on a human. I had a rifle like that - not a Kibler - without blued/browned metal and loved it.

If you get a chance can you weigh it for us?
I'm sorry, I don't have a decent scale to weigh it on. Kibler's website doesn't give a weight. It is a bit heavy, and especially toward the muzzle even with the swamped barrel. I thought about adding some six onces of lead weights under the butt plate, but trying that by just taping them on only moved the balance point back about an inch. It does point pretty well as is, so I decided not to do anything. I don't mind a heavy long gun. I think it'll shoot offhand pretty well anyway.

Back