• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

INVEST ARMS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, what a shooter! One hole at 18 yards.( Thats as far as I can shoot at home) 50 gr 777 with patched round ball.

Hey man! Use real BP and not that 777 substitute. Take it and make a skyrocket out of it. :rotf: :thumbsup: Real men shoot BP!

I hate 777, but I have four cans of the stuff, and can't think of a better way to get rid of it!

I have the Hawkens version from Cabelas. I thought the carbine version was also 1:48" twist.

If it is the Cabelas version, here is what they are saying about it in the description.

Sporterized Right-Hand Hawken Hunter Rifle

This Hawken Rifle features high-luster bluing, color case-hardened locks and select walnut stocks. Rifles are 45-1/2" overall and weigh 7-3/4 lbs. Twist is 1 in 48"; barrel length is 28". Right-hand only.
Caliber: .50 or .54.

Cabelas Sporterized Hawken Hunter Carbine

This Sporterized Hawken Carbine Rifle is short, light and has a bore big enough for use on heavy game, just like its predecessors. It features high-luster bluing, color case-hardened locks and select walnut stocks. Rifles are 38-1/2" overall and weigh 6-3/4 lbs. Twist is 1 in 24" barrel length is 21".
Right-hand only.
Caliber: .50 or .54.

Man never realized it was a 1;24 before. Always thought they just went 1;48" :grin:

Back