• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

InvestArms Flint Gemmer Hawken Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have one of these in a percussion model that was marketed by Lyman. I was wondering if anyone on this forum had bought one recently and could comment on the workmanship and reliability. My percussion model works well but has a few small issues . Most importantly it is reliable. I would appreciate any thoughts. I would be buying a completed gun not a kit.

I bought one and was disappointed since it was supposed to be a complete rifle. The barrel would not set in the stock because of poor inletting. The front and rear sights were loose and the front one even fell out while cleaning it out of the box. One of the screws on the internals was stripped. It was like getting a 90% kit. After I fixed all the problems and replaced the lock with a L&R it’s a pretty awesome rifle but was expensive getting there. I got it from Muzzle-loaders.com and after contacting them a few times they never offered any help but did send a new screw and even the right one on the second try. If you get one from them require them to remove it from the box and make sure it works properly before you buy it.

Back