• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is $8.33 a good price for a Quart of Hoppes BP PLus?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Ya think???????
:rotf:

I just love auctions where somebody has bought out a gun shop for next to nothing and then sells normally fairly expensive things at bargain basement prices...it was only 3 quarts but an outstanding buy at $8.33/quart...soon to be wiping bores in North Carolina!!
:grin:

Wow... that is a great deal, but as much as you shoot that won;t last long.

My nephew is getting a lever action 22 (golden Boy) from his favorite uncle for Christmas. So I went to the local W-mart and ask the lady for 1000 round, rung it up... $1.99? I told her that couldn't be right to check with the manager. Manager rang it up.... $1.99. Ok I'll take 5 boxes. 5,000 rounds of ammo for around $10.50. That should last him for a while....

SP

Slowpoke said:
Wow... that is a great deal, but as much as you shoot that won;t last long.

My nephew is getting a lever action 22 (golden Boy) from his favorite uncle for Christmas. So I went to the local W-mart and ask the lady for 1000 round, rung it up... $1.99? I told her that couldn't be right to check with the manager. Manager rang it up.... $1.99. Ok I'll take 5 boxes. 5,000 rounds of ammo for around $10.50. That should last him for a while....

SP

Sounds like somebody back in data entry got a decimal point in the wrong place...you did the right thing...and then still got the benefit of their mistake, great!!
:thumbsup:

That was a great buy but unfortunately it represents another gun shop out of business. It happens all too often anymore :( .

Hank in WV said:
That was a great buy but unfortunately it represents another gun shop out of business. It happens all too often anymore :( .

And I'm just assuming that's how he acquired them for resale so cheap.

The flip side to the gun shop assumption is that a lot of these "gun shops" are really nothing more than an idea and a couple shelves in somebody's garage...a lot of them really never rise to the level of what is normally referred to as a "gun shop", so in many cases it's not like a well established store front on main street closed up.

roundball,
You stole it! I think I paid 17.95
for my last quart.
Good job!
snake-eyes :thumbsup:

snake-eyes 1000 said:
roundball,
You stole it! I think I paid 17.95
for my last quart.
Good job!
snake-eyes :thumbsup:

I know...wish he'd had several quarts to sell but he just had the three.

Just so you know, there's a pretty big business called "Wholesale Hunter" (out of Missouri I think) that sells a lot of ML supplies on GunBroker all the time...sells quarts of Hoppes No.9 BP PLUS for $12.

Latest posts

Back