• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is more needed?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep in mind it is very hard to be period correct(PC) in todays muzzleloader seasons, I'm sorry but my possibles bag and Powder horns just clash with the Blaze Orange one has to use because of the laws. I don't know about you but it scares the devil out of me to be be hunting with any kind of rifle in any part of the country in camo or neutral colors.

Been there and done that when I lived in Colorado, during Bow season the states muzzleloader season came in, Bow hunters where in full camo and ML's had to use blaze orange, not a warm fuzzy feeling to say the least if you are a bow hunter and I have been on both sides of that mess.

Now just think of where you hunt, add in PC correct buckskin clothing and accoutrements, the glint of a brown gunstock and the brownish white flash of your horn in the morning sun, down here in SC you would be shot or shot at, most likely more then once if your on public land.
The same Idiots that jack you in cars also hunt.

In a perfect world we all would like to be PC while hunting with our favorite muzzleloader, but we can't so we make the best of the situation even if we use some plastic container or do dad after all our number #1 rule is be as safe as you can be, theres no sense temping fate with the morrons and idiots that are also out there.

Keep in mind it is very hard to be period correct(PC) in todays muzzleloader seasons, I'm sorry but my possibles bag and Powder horns just clash with the Blaze Orange one has to use because of the laws. I don't know about you but it scares the devil out of me to be be hunting with any kind of rifle in any part of the country in camo or neutral colors.

Been there and done that when I lived in Colorado, during Bow season the states muzzleloader season came in, Bow hunters where in full camo and ML's had to use blaze orange, not a warm fuzzy feeling to say the least if you are a bow hunter and I have been on both sides of that mess.

Now just think of where you hunt, add in PC correct buckskin clothing and accoutrements, the glint of a brown gunstock and the brownish white flash of your horn in the morning sun, down here in SC you would be shot or shot at, most likely more then once if your on public land.
The same Idiots that jack you in cars also hunt.

In a perfect world we all would like to be PC while hunting with our favorite muzzleloader, but we can't so we make the best of the situation even if we use some plastic container or do dad after all our number #1 rule is be as safe as you can be, theres no sense temping fate with the morrons and idiots that are also out there.

So sometimes we use other then PC to keep it safe.

Sometimes you have to work with what you have. A little blaze orange doesn't mean you may as well bolt a 12X scope on and shoot conicals.

CarpStumpy.jpg

Heck, you don't don't tell the dentist he might as well pull all your teeth because he found a cavity . . . oh, modern muzzleloaders, hmmm . . . or stay a bachelor because you didn't have any girl cousins?

"Keep in mind it is very hard to be period correct(PC) in todays muzzleloader seasons,'

I don't recall mentioning anything about PC just that a small bag is all thatis needed to carry a days hunting equipment, and in many places I really do not think one would have to sacrifice a very PC hunt and still be safe if one wished to, the only issue would be a specific area of color that had to be worn, I would not consider someone being non pC due to an orabge vest required by law or peresonal preference.

Latest posts

Back