• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is there a FL that resembles this?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbvahradian

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a FL that resembles a Hawkin stock, about 48 inches long but has wood that goes all the way out to the end of the barrel like a long rifle. Is there something made like this out there?

Not sure of your question. Do you want a stock or the whole gun ? Several stock people offer Hawken style stocks in full length. Some also make full length stocks you can swap out your Thompson Center parts to to create a full length plains type rifle. I know of no "factory" type guns that would be considered a full length flintlock Hawken type gun but someone here might know of one.Just checked, Pedersoli does make a Jaeger type rifle that looks very much like a full stock plains rifle. Give 'em a look.I think Dixie sells one too.

I want the whole gun. But if I have to, I might have to buy a TC Hawken FL, take the stock off and then buy a different stock to put on it since you said no one makes Hawkin type full length stock. Who are the "stock people" you know of that offer Hawken style stocks in full length?

I looked at the jagar style and they don't look attractive to me.

Thanks for your response!

Pedersoli make a full stock
Don't know how good they are but by the price they must be
shootable.

Just to give you some ideas, go to Track of the Wolf's website and nose around. They have the full length Hawken stocks listed. Might give you some ideas. Before I bought a T/C Hawken flintlock (btw, I don't think they make them anymore either) and go to a new stock, I'd look into the possibility of a parts set from Track, or maybe even Tip Curtis. Not sure if Tip has them though.

From what you are saying, you are looking for a full stocked plains rifle.
A Leman style seems the style that you are looking for.
I just sold a .50 cal percussion to fellow in Alaska.
If you need pictures, I still have some.
E-mail me and I will send you some
Happy New Year
Old Ford

There are no factory production full stock Hawken rifles made. Your best choice would probably be a custom builder such as TVM or Sitting Fox. Good luck.

Look at the TVM Leman rifle. Of course, take a peek at their other guns too. (www.avsia.com/tvm)

Back