• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is this a Beaumont-Adams or a Deane and Adams Revolver? And a few other questions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LzChase

32 Cal
Reaction score
I only know 3 things. It is an Adams Patent type revolver, It is the first percussion revolver I've bought and it is quite beautiful despite it's heavy wear.

....That being said I am no expert, I know not if it is a Beaumont-Adams or a Deane and Adams variant, neither do I know exactly when it was made?
The ramrod is missing for some reason. It only works in double action. I don't know if this is normal or not for this particular revolver. I think it is a 38 bore version as a .45 is way too small. What is it plated with? Nickel? Silver?

Attachments

• IMG_20221023_123151.jpg
    IMG_20221023_123151.jpg
    2.1 MB
  • IMG_20221023_123212.jpg
    IMG_20221023_123212.jpg
    1.8 MB
  • IMG_20221023_123300.jpg
    IMG_20221023_123300.jpg
    4.3 MB
  • IMG_20221023_123332.jpg
    IMG_20221023_123332.jpg
    1.8 MB
  • IMG_20221023_123408.jpg
    IMG_20221023_123408.jpg
    1.6 MB
  • IMG_20221023_123425.jpg
    IMG_20221023_123425.jpg
    1.8 MB
IIRC, the spurred hammer makes it a Beaumont Adams improvement, as the earlier Deane-Adams AFAIK didn't have the hammer spur.

The standard Adams is double action only and usually doesn't have a spur on the hammer. The Beaumont-Adams is single/double action and has a spur on the hammer. A Beaumont-Adams will generally have an Adams patent use number on the right side of the frame and a Beaumont patent use number on the side of the cylinder, but that isn't always the case.

The standard Adams is double action only and usually doesn't have a spur on the hammer. The Beaumont-Adams is single/double action and has a spur on the hammer. A Beaumont-Adams will generally have an Adams patent use number on the right side of the frame and a Beaumont patent use number on the side of the cylinder, but that isn't always the case.
This is a civil war Beaumont Adams imported from the London Armoury Company. Cool gun! Lots of history.

This is my Adams, It is self-cocking (UK terminology) so it does not have a spur on the hammer. It does not have a rammer because you are expected to push the bullet in with your thumb.

Adams (1).JPG

For comparison, here is my Beaumont-Adams which is a true double action.
Deane DA (1).JPG

Note the double serial numbers.

Deane DA (3).JPG

I hope this helps.

Kia Ora,
What a BIG Beaumont Adam's. Nikell plated I'd guess?
Best of both worlds single & Double action.
Missing the loading lever . You could make one up :)
Great find. Enjoyed this thread.
In NZ British revolvers are a bit more common than US , but there's a number of both .
Adam's Beaumonts Tranters all look fairly similar ( I could be completely wrong) but improvements made & added patent got the name on the gun???
Your 1 is a real hand cannon:)
Well done acquiring it.
Have a great day
( Ma Te Wa)
(Nga mihi)
Kind Regards.

Latest posts

Back