• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

It raining today...so I penciled a buddies dog

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyFlintlock

50 Cal.
Reaction score
This ol dog recently got hit by a car but from what I hear is doing pretty good. It rained most of today, so I decided to do a pencil/charcoal drawing of him.

CottonMouthDog.jpg

CottonMouthDog2.jpg

CottonMouthDog3.jpg

I think I am going to do a pic of a mink soon. I sure wish squirrel season was next weekend!

Good luck if you get out
Wess

What a wonderful picture. Would love to have had you do my dog. :hatsoff: :front:

You have a real eye for this sorta thing. I love
hunt'in dogs. And its all about the eye's, you
really caught it.
Wish you could do my setter. Outstanding.
Redwing :thumbsup:

Thank you for posting your drawing ... you sir are a talented indivudial. :thumbsup:

WOW! Very well done sir. That is truly a gift you have there.
All I can draw is flies in the summertime :boohoo:

KyFlintlock,
As usual OUTSTANDING!! . Keep them
coming.
snake-eyes :thumbsup: :applause:

Wess..if it gets any better than that, it's goin to have a heartbeat.

Beautiful work. Looks a bit like my old lab we just lost. I love the eyes, he almost looks like he got caught with his paw in the cookie bowl.

:master: :applause:

vic

Tipis - thanks for the compliment! I do enjoy doing them.

Redwing - Thanks, I love hunting dogs too! Definitely is man's best friend. :thumbsup:

Wart - Thanks for the compliment!

Flint50 - Don't feel bad, I draw flies in August too! :shocking:

Snake-eyes - Thanks for the compliment, I am thinking of one to do soon of a mink that I hope will turn out.

Hoyt - Thanks! You and I tied with the same size gobbler this spring. :haha:

Vic - Thanks again! I think you are right. Years ago my Mom cooked a ham and had it sitting on the counter to cool. My german shephard/lab decided it smelled REALLY good (don't guess he watched old yeller) and danged if he didn't grab it off the counter and eat 1/2 of it before mom found it out!! Needless to say he spent the rest of the winter outside!

Wess

That memory got me looking for old pics...and I actually found a pic of the Ham stealer, when he was about 16-17yrs old:

Brownie.jpg

He was the best dog a boy ever had and his name was Brownie.

Snake eyes, When he was about 14 it swelled up full of blood and was the size of a bloated tea bag. We lanced it and it curled up like that for the rest of his life. Weird huh?

How I got him:
I was 5 and he showed up one day way out in the country. He was a few years old then and he went everywhere with me. Back then I had the run of the place even at 5! Had a pond to fish withing 200 yards of the house, so that is where I was most of the time. Anyway, I called him Brownie and he was MINE (in my own mind).

Unfortunaely, my grandfather had a squirrel and some geese that he fed all of the time and Brownie killed them all in a short time period. My dad told me Brownie would have to go and took his .22 down from the wall. I will never forget that morning that Dad walked out the door, I heard a shot and Brownie screaming until he was out of earshot. I hated my Dad at that point. Brownie was gone for about a month, then I saw him again, hiding in the fence row!! I was so happy and we immediately were friends again. I went and talked to my grandfather about it and told him Brownie was mine (gramps called him RED) and that I would try to keep him from killing anything else if he would tell dad not to shoot him again....so he did! Luckily, Gramps didn't have any other pets, so I didn't have to worry about it much.

About a year later mom and dad went out for a date and my Aunt came over to babysit. It was past dark and I saw a small light out the window moving... a cigarette moving around the house in the darkness! We lived WAY off the road, so it was not a good thing. I ran and locked the doors, told my aunt and about that time we heard Brownie tear into someone and heard him YIPE really loud, evidently they were packing a bat or something. It was scary!!! I can't remember if she called the police or not, but after that day Brownie was good to go at the house...

Sorry for going on about him, but as I mentioned: he was the best dog in the world.

Wess

ric44 - Thanks

riarcher, thanks for the compliment.

Openspaces - If you don't mind em', I keep posting them. :D

Here is one I did a few weeks ago for another gentleman:

Winston.jpg

Swampfox, Thanks for the compliment :peace:

The Baron, Thanks..I just wish I killed a few longbeards! :D

PissedMooseCharging. aka: stumpkiller, The moose cracks me up! :crackup:

Back