• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

It works!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldhunter

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, here is an update. I got to come home for four days of leave before heading to "the sandbox" (been in post MOB training stateside since June)

So I asks myself, self, what to do when I get home? Well, shoot that new flinter you built, of course!! There was not way I was going a year without burning some powder.

Guess what, IT WORKS! I'm the proud papa of a functional flintlock. Thanks to all the help that's available on this site. I'd post pics but I didn't bring the data cable for the camera home with me. :shake:

I need to work on the long timing a little when I get back, I'm getting the klatch-boom. Not as bad as I've seen on some, but I want it faster.

Again, thanks for all the help and advice, fellas! :v

Congratulations!!! Try not to go nuts over there thinking about it. You'll probably have it taken apart and put back together a hundred times in your head by the time you get back!

Good luck, Be safe and Thank you for all you're doing.

Hey LT! Welcome home. Good thing you didn't plan on hunting deer, since the tags are gone.

Are you home long enough to pop over to Bridger this weekend?

Take care.

Goldhunter, feels good when your baby does what it's supposed to doesn't it, congrats. Iffen your lucky it might be something simple to speed up ignition :thumbsup: that will keep you from being up all night thinking about it. Thanks again for your service, it is much appreciated and please be careful and stay safe over there! :bow: :bow:

Matt B said:
Hey LT! Welcome home. Good thing you didn't plan on hunting deer, since the tags are gone.

Are you home long enough to pop over to Bridger this weekend?

Take care.

No luck on that! Going to miss another. Have fun for me though. Will have to catch up with you and wollybugger and burn some powder when I get back. :v

I can't thank you enough, but I can take you deer and elk huntin if you want to come to MT, and you would be welcome. The best of everything. :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Congrats on the flintlock!
Thank you for your service to the country. As a former member of the US Army, 46th Engineer Battalion, I salute you!
Hey you be careful over in "the sandbox" as you called it, and we'll see you back stateside soon!
:bow:

Back