• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

It's my birthday

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Today my birthday so the wife and I are going to Cabela's in K.C. I'm not sure if this means she's going to spend money on me or I get to spend my own. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well, happy birthday to you... ::
I can't believe that I found a cake with your age on it... :haha: :winking:

Have a great day and I hope you get lots of muzzleloading stuff...

geeky_cake_2.jpg

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY"!!.. RoadDog!!!!

I hope yore wife got'cha some good muzzleload'n "stuff" from Cabela's!! :applause: :: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks guys, now I feel guilty I didn't get you guys anything on your birthday. You know Musketman; MaxiBall and I were arguing yesterday about how cuddly you truly are, by looking at your picture I know I was right. And thank you rollingb I think you just need somebody scratch you behind ears. When I get home tonight I'll scan my receipt and posted here so everybody can see how good my birthday truly was. :applause: :applause: :applause:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Roaddog!!!!
Hey you had a great birthday.
By the way I think Musketman's new make over is great. He is really cuddly looking now. ::
By the way, I know what a FLATHEAD is. You gotta e-mail me so we can swap stories.
My FIRST time out we set long lines out and took one that weighed 50 pounds! :shocking:

I know what they are, but the closest we get hereabouts are the channel cats (aka "Blues", but they don't get as big up here). Half as long and a quarter the weight of a flathead. Anything over 20 lbs draws a crowd. The state record is just over 30#. In my pappy's time a 14' sturgeon was pulled out of nearby Cayuga Lake in a perch net (Cayuga's 35 miles long & 650 ft deep - our own Loch Ness). Two summers ago someone landed a 6 footer there and was smart enough to photograph it and return it to the water. BIG fine for killing one, but it sure would be a gas to hook into one.

Boy, those egg sinkers sure look like musket balls, eh? (Had to slip in a muzzleloading releted comment).

I'm curious about the "bulk candy".....foofurah fer the misses?.....hehehe...happy birthday road!

Vic

Shopping_WEB.jpg

I took the liberty of scanning the bar code from your receipt, they owe you a nickle... :haha: :haha: :haha:

WE have channel cats on the cloquet and st louis river up here. I eat the ones I catch on the upper cloquet but will not eat the ones I catch in the st louis river :no: Have been thinking of hitting the st croix river for flatheads

I would rather have four or five pounds of GOEX FFFg but all they had in stock was two cans of FFg. That pound of 777 is the first that I have ever bought, I swore that I would not buy any 777 till I was out of Pyrodex. I still need B.P., I'm having a helluva time finding any. The club will be getting some in May, but that doesn't do me damm bit of good now I'm supposed to have a new Flintlock here on Friday. :curse:

roaddog,,, Boy, that Triple 7 is expensive! 'Course I knew that before seeing your receipt. I think the Pyrodex is expensive too... I know they say you can get the same number of shots per pound, but I just can't bring myself to spending that kind of money for a pound of either. I understand where you get your Goex they were out of it so your back was to the wall... Maybe you already thought about this, but, have you thought about getting a few muzzleloading friends together that like the Goex and purchasing a 25 lb lot and split up the cost? Any'way, looks like you got some good stuff... The percussion caps don't seem to be out'a line. :)

Back