• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

It's time to lock & load!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Well I got laid off Sunday night and not a minute to soon! I done missed the opening day of Muzzleloading season here in Tn. But rifle season opens Saturday :thumbsup: I plan on being out there if I can shake this dang bad cold with all the coughing. :td: Of course I'll have the smoke pole with me :wink: I haven't hade a chance to do any scouting but I did pull the card on one of my trail cams today and it had a 8 & 9 pointer on it. :blah: Wahoooooooooooooooooooooo!

When life hands you lemons make lemonade. Good luck on the hunting and post a picture of a whopper. Ron

Good Luck SMO! Our firearms season opens Sat here(WI) also!
The 58 has the nod this opener.
Whatcha toting?

sorry to hear about the job, but the bright is now you have time to hunt.

-matt

make lemon aid!!!!as the fella on the Blue Collar Comedy Hour says,then go find s friend with some vodka,
Was the Lay off a see it coming???seasonal every year or just happened??? ,
Sorry your layed off,but glad it come during deer season..

Dang Guys it's not the end of time,the only thing better than getting laid off last Monday was I could have gotten laid off 2 weeks ago. :wink: :grin: In my line of work it's the nature of the beast,you work till you drop 80 to 100 hours a week then you relax for a couple of months then go do it again. :youcrazy: :shake: I look at it as being semi-retired. :haha: I'll have the ole 50 cal. TC out again this Saturday all stoked up with 90 grns.FFFg Goex and a patched round ball. Plan on taking a deer this year with a flinter as well,(GPR .54) just got to do a little more fine tuning on the sights. Any way all is well except for this cough :td: But i'm taking my meds and hope too be better by the week end... Now where are those lemons it's time to get to relaxing......... :wink: Good Luck & Good Shootin' to all :thumbsup:

Zinc will help you get rid of that cold. I have used it for years, and it seems to make the duration of the cold shorter. THere's a product called Zicam.

I know you really feel sad that you cant work and have to go hunting. You have to understand that someone has to do it so buck up and go hunting. Good luck to you you lucky dog. Shoot a big one and send pics.

Thanks for all the encouragement Guys :wink: And Thanks for the tip on the Zinc Mike.

Allen I don't know so much about Mr. Big :idunno: I've got a couple of young (2 1/2 year old ) Bucks running around that i've seen. But i'll be hunting a fat Doe for eating unless Mr. Big does show then it's game on :thumbsup: :grin:

SMO,
Sorry to hear about the lay off. I been there too. I'm glad your getting a chance to hunt though. That was how I handled it. I hope you kill a monster. I guess were sort of neighbors. I live down the road in Kingston Springs and my parent's farm is over in White Bluff.

Jeff

Back