• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

jackie brown carolina smoothbore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve hill

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about these guns I really
want to order one but would like to here any opinions on the gun and the builder.Has he been around for a while hows his service etc thanks

I have a jackie Brown smoothbore and I love it I bought it used I have owned to jackie browns and have nothing but praise for the workmanship I did not get either from him your best bet is to call him also there is one for sale on historical treckking also checkout jackie website I believe he has a finished one for sale now

They are a great gun for the money. I have taken 3 turkeys with mine and it shoots rd balls really well. Lock works great. Fast ignition and real easy on flints. I think you would like one.

Having just got myself a used one last weekend, I must say that I am very happy! As Reble said," They are great for the money. " Fit and finish seem very well done. My only complaint is the weight, but this is NOT Mr. Jackie Brown's fault. I just like my smoothbores a little more muzzle heavy as my rifles are. This in no way affects the great looks and function of the arm. I have put approx. 50 - 60 rounds of RBs and shot through mine and am pleased! What will be your primary use if I may ask?
Rebel, thankyou again.
TVG

I have tried searches on the net and can't seem to find Jackie's web site. Do you think you could post a link to his site?

Frost
P.S. I did look in some of the forums and couldn't find anything either.

Mr. Brown has built 2 left hand flinters for me. a 58 rifle with a colerain barrel and an 11 ga smoothie with his barrel. I have taken game with both and like them. PLUS you cant beat his warranty. Ask him about it.

I have a Jackie Brown canoe gun in 28 bore and so far I've gotten squirrel, rabbit and deer with it. They are great guns for the money and Jackie stands behind his guns 100%!

I bought a used Jackie Brown smoothbore and liked it well enough I bought a new one from him..The fit and finish is top notch and its an excellent shooting rifle..Jackie offers an excellent rifle for the money..

I will second Rebel. I got to use his Jackie Brown for a while, and it was about the sweetest handling ML I have had the pleasure to shoot. The Siler lock was incredibly fast and sure. And the Carolina just looks like the pure quill ...

I didn´t knew jackie brown so far, but after reading this topic and looking on his website I´m becoming interested.
Jackies guns look good to me and also seem to have good prices. - Prices which beat our (I´m from germany) gunbuilders prices.

And all of you who own one seem to be satisfied.
In my mind one word of a satisfied customer is worth more than thousand words from somebody that just wants to sell his stuff. :yakyak:

Is it possible to post some pictures of your J.B-guns or mail them to me? :hmm: The pictures on his website are a bit small and don´t show very much details...

Many greetings from bavaria, germany, where this year christmas is green.
romeoh

Do a google and you will find some really good reviews and some nice photos of Jackies guns. The website doesn't do them justice.

B

I tried my best by using google. Didn´t found very much.
Those pictures were the best I would say:[url] http://smh.historicalifestyles.com/photo2.html[/url]

I would still be glad about a few pics from the forum-members.

Does anybody know where Jackie Brown gets his barrels from?
To me his octagon-to-round barrels look like colerain. TOW-Barrels have a few rings in the middle. Can´t find them on the pictures of the carolinas.

romeoh

Last edited by a moderator:
Jackie makes his own barrels from high pressure seemless tubing. He is a member of this board and you can contact him via PM or email for details. My 20 gauge smoothbore was made by him after I watched him work on one in his shop many years ago.

CS

I just did a search on jackie brown on this board with these results.
>
HHHMMMMMM :hmm: that search seems to have looked for two words, both "jackie" and "Brown"....oh well, there's alot of info there if you sift through it.

i have two of jackie's guns. one is a 54 trade gun i got years ago, and the other a 36 squirrel rifle i recieved just recently.
i would have a difficult time parting with either of them, altho i haven't learned the secrets of the 36 (yet)
Round balls out of a smooth bore require some work to become proficient at, but i'm getting better. (thx to the guys on this board i might add)
both are definite keepers tho. they work .. very well.
there just seems to be a minor problem with the fool on the end . :winking:

Back