• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jackie brown Carolina

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has a barrel, a lock, and the stock is made out of wood. :winking: Sorry, feeling a little froggy today. :blah:
You ought to drop Mr. Brown a line, I'm sure he would be happy to fill you in on the particulars.

Nathan B. said:
Does anyone have a phonenumber for him?

It's listed on his website:
[url] www.jackiebrowngunmaker.com[/url]

(His site is down right now but that's the correct URL.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one and I am satisfied with it.........When I got mine it had a persons name on the top barrel flat........He accidentally sent me someone elses gun........I told him I'd De farb it and rebrown it and he said I could have a $100 off of my next purchase and thanked me.......I figured it would cost him $40 Postage to him and back to me and the guys name didnt bother me that much. Look sort of old timey that way
Anyway it had a sweet trigger pull.......Sparks well and fires every time..........The touch hole must be very close to the breech plug as if I use 2fg the ashes and fouling will soon block off the hole ......With 3fg it takes upwards of 30 shots to do the same thing......So I use a fouling scraper after 10 or so shots and that takes care of it........Mine shot low,but dead on for windage.......I have to look over the barrel and remember the sight picture......accuracy is minute of Paper plate out to 75 yards..........I use 70gr of 3f and a over powder wad and a patched .600 ball
With consistant aiming it will shoot a 3 inch group at 50 yards,but with no rear sight you eventually misjudge the holdover and throw one out of the group.........I believe a rear sight will cure that problem......Since I dont compete with it and dont plan on it , its a non issue..........The Carolina is lightweight,but I'm sure its not fitted as well as some of the other more expensive smoothbores like a Caywood or Northstar West. But then agin its a few hundred dollars less.......Its fitted good enough for me.......................Oh it throws a better shot pattern than my T.C. New Englander.........................Bob

By gollllllllly it does say J Brown on it!.....But my problem is it also says................."for G.Williams by J.Brown"......It is graved with a graver and hammer and I should be able to file it down........Or better yet I could change my name to G Williams....Heck I'll tell the next owner some day a tall tale about a famous hunter named G.Williams............Maybe he'll believe it.............

I have a 62 cal Carolina Smoothbore made by Jackie Brown. It shoots well never had any problems. For the price it's a good gun.

Leatherbark said:
By gollllllllly it does say J Brown on it!.....But my problem is it also says................."for G.Williams by J.Brown"......It is graved with a graver and hammer and I should be able to file it down........Or better yet I could change my name to G Williams....Heck I'll tell the next owner some day a tall tale about a famous hunter named G.Williams............Maybe he'll believe it.............

You can tell the next owner it was for Guy Williams... :grin:

Zorro used muzzleloaders too... :winking:

guy%20williams.jpg

Back