• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jackie Brown Smoothbores any good?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect you could get a pile of jackies guns or some others as far as that goes for one of Mikes guns...I had a JB gun in the white I was able to finish up ok but the experience was not a good one, but he did have a rough spell with health and other issues and many customers paid the price, I do not know of late how his product quality control is doing, the one thing I don't care for is the straight oct on his oct to rd barrels, I had a rear sight on mine but as a smoothbore with no rear sight the non tapered oct part does not feel/look right to me.

Well, it seems he's trying to make a comeback. I've seen a few of his guns for sale in the classifieds. Myself personally,I've got enough guns to keep me happy. But perhaps Mr. Brown might be more up to speed if his health has improved and especially after all the feedback he's gotten I'm sure. From what some of you guys have said, he DID have quite a few happy customers before things went bad for him. Maybe after his long hiatus, he's ready to get "back in the saddle" again.

Hi Fellers,
And thanks for the encouragement and for the honest constructive criticism. I've been reading Bill's question to the forum and don't blame him one bit for being careful. I got a chuckle from his question "Jackie Brown smoothbores any good?" Well, that's like asking any gunmaker, "are your customers any good?" An honest answer to both would be, the vast majority are great, some could use improvement. LOL Bill and I will be doing business, he's a great guy. Bill, hope the basement is ok.

I haven't been gone, just had a time of unwanted slow down. Had some unexpected health and personal problems that took some time to overcome which caused me some over due guns and unhappy customers. All is ok now, Health is great, got a new baby daughter, building some new styles of guns, new website being built (can't give it out, Mr. Claude won't like it) so all is well. To all who feel I have mistreated them or built less than acceptable guns, please accept a heartfelt apology. I'm trying to make things right with all who aren't happy. I built a gun for a really nice guy a while back. He called and wanted to know where his gun was. Been 5 years. I'D never heard of him. He sent a copy of his credit card bill to prove he paid. He said he had talked to me. Heck, I just don't remember it. Of course, I had a brain hemmorrhage that year so we laughed about it and I built his gun. He's happy and I feel good.

Happy shooting and know what your target is before you shoot! God bless,
Jackie, karlene, Sabrina, Laura, Hannah, and little Carrie Joyce Brown

Never met you sir, but glad to have you back among us . Welcome Back! And hope to see more of ya! :thumbsup:

Jackie, go to your profile and update your website. I would think you could do that.

Is THAT what happened? I knew a 13 year old that that happened to. took 3 years to come back to "normal." If you were building guns during recovery, you are one tough dude! :shocked2:

Pichou,
Yes, I'm very fortunate and grateful! All is well. I have had people ask if I had any residual problems from the Aneurysm and the only thing is , I talk to myself and scratch in public. But, come to think of it, I did that before I got sick. LOL No everything is ok. Had some personal problems, wife's death, greedy step children, later on divorce took the cabin and mule, just normal life stuff. And life is good. God bless,
Jackie

Jackie. I am glad to hear that your health and other situations have improved, and wish you the best of luck. I have not yet shot the gun I got from you that long ago, due to health problems of my own, but hope to return to making smoke soon. God Bless, Ron in FL

Jackie,
Glad to see you on the site letting people know first hand what had happened. Some of us knew what had happened but didn't feel it was our business to spread your business. Welcome back, you were missed.
Mark

Thanks mark,
I appreciate that kindness. I reckon no part of my life is a secret though. Some of it I can look back and laugh at, some of it I get very angry. Gun orders are a little slow now, some because of bad past publicity and some because folks are buying gasoline instead of guns. We all have a bright future though. I read the back of the book! Life is so good.
Jackie

My wife works rehab with brain injuries. I have seen the whole scale.....amazing you kept ANYTHING together with all the lifes hurdles.

I've been following this thread for quite some time and have found it interesting that positive comments regarding Brown's guns have been few and far between. Most of the compliants have been about delivery dates and not quality. Sick or not' if you want quality you must be patient and wait. If you want it fast then get a production gun or a used one. The fact that Jackie did not whine and snivel attests, to me anyway, to the strenght of his personality. Glad your health is better and keep up the good work and attitude.

I will not EVER deal with Jackie Brown again.
Jackie you have my heart felt sympathy for the problems in your life.
I simply am done.

I currently own two of his guns I have owned 4 alltogether 2 I bought used and two jackie built for me. I have no complaints with any of them in fact the 62cal carolina rifle he built for me is my favorite even though I have fancier rifles costing twice as much. IM sure I will be having jackie build a smaller version of the 62 in 36 or 40 sometime in the future. I have found Jackie to be honest in my dealings with him.for the price he charges I have recieved greater value and delivery as promised.the last gun I recieved from him was a canoe gun in the white and it was excellent and required very little work to finish
Ron Stone

I just have to ask out of pure curousity. What prompted you to post that the way you did?

paw said:
I currently own two of his guns I have owned 4 alltogether 2 I bought used and two jackie built for me. I have no complaints with any of them in fact the 62cal carolina rifle he built for me is my favorite even though I have fancier rifles costing twice as much. IM sure I will be having jackie build a smaller version of the 62 in 36 or 40 sometime in the future. I have found Jackie to be honest in my dealings with him.for the price he charges I have recieved greater value and delivery as promised.the last gun I recieved from him was a canoe gun in the white and it was excellent and required very little work to finish
Ron Stone

I've merged this post with the existing discussion on Mr. Brown's smoothbores.

Please don't start new threads when the same topic is already ongoing.

Thanks

I will ask again that members add their "reviews" to our Review section. This topic, as with all topics, will eventually get buried and all your comments will be lost. People will not have the benefit of reading your answers and they ask the question, again. The Reviews, on the other hand, will always be available.

Back