• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jamming flintlock priming spout.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waksupi

Ric Carter
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone got a fix for this? I've never had problems clearing the problem before, but this one doesn't want to go together and work properly. I cleaned it with denatured alcohol. I know this has to be something simple. Thanks for solutions!

Anyone got a fix for this? I've never had problems clearing the problem before, but this one doesn't want to go together and work properly. I cleaned it with denatured alcohol. I know this has to be something simple. Thanks for solutions!
A photo or two might be helpful

If a corroded , or priming plunger fouled w/ damp powder isn't working , carrying a spare to replace the fouled one will help until you can get to where the device can be cleaned. To help prevent gooy powder residue from fouling the primer's nozzle , keep the lock pan free of moisture common to shooting in damp or high humidity weather. W/o a pic , we can only assume we're on the same page.

I fully cleaned it. When I measure, it appears the spring is around .018 larger in diameter than the female tube. It came out, it has to go back in some how. I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back