• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jeremiah Johnson Movie (Robert Redford)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"..maybe the added weight of the ramrod increased the recoil..I dunno..haven't shot my ramrod as yet..(knocking on wood). '

Yes it will increase the recoil a great deal and that is a fact which I will not go into detail as to my reference source....

Hickory is a pretty dense, tough wood, but it ain't all that heavy compared to lead. There is an ironwood found in South America that won't float, beyond that I can't speak to the increase in recoil.

If I'm not mistaken, it's not really the recoil that knocks Bob over but the fact that his horse bucks at the sound of the shot, no?

Best,

John

Back