• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just finished flint pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just finished a Pecatonica Kentucky pistol. Made several mistakes but was able to fix and or hide them. Waiting for a single set trigger from TOTW to improve the hard pull it now has.

Attachments

• 20200118_103449.jpg
    20200118_103449.jpg
    195.6 KB
  • 20200118_103431.jpg
    20200118_103431.jpg
    186.2 KB
That's pretty cool.

I'm always a bit leery about super light triggers, particularly in pistols. Much less so with rifles. The super light break point of most set triggers is too light for my taste in a pistol in order to feel safe with it.

In ISSF competition air gun, the minimum pull weight for pistols is 500 grams, or 17.6 oz. No downward limit for rifles. That feels light, but not super light.

Last edited:
Nice great fit and finish beautiful wood
Just one thing the lock panels are a bit too big if u cut them back some you would have better lines on it
Lock pannels are a difficult part of any build it's hard to get them even all the way around m.originals were not even, but they were thin
That being said nice work

I had a TOZ olympic free pistol. Odd feature is the adjustable trigger weight on the single set trigger. Could be reduced to 2 tenths of an ounce. The only time I ever could shoot it decent was when I got accustomed to the light trigger. but unlike muzzle loaders, there was a lever under the grip that cocked the action, so the pistol trigger was not able to fire until the pistol was being raised to aim at the firing line and the action was cocked with the other hand. I had a unmentionable that was a copy of the grip and trigger TOZ action in percussion. I have been thinking of building a more traditional pistol with a light single set trigger for target shooting. But wondered about a safety to incorporate so the gun was not able to be fired until raised on the line. Hanoverian horse pistols of the 1840's had a cross bolt safety. 1850's Lorenz pistols had a slide bar safety on the lock

Back