• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just finished my first Hawken .54!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bobbo said:
Nice job...how'd you darken the brass?
Bob

Pat,inquiring minds want to know,"How did you finish the brass?"
Great looking rifle, keep up the good work and let us know how she shoots. :thumbsup:

I polished the brass just like normal, cleaned it with degreaser and treated it with Birchwood-Casey's Brass Black. It took 2-3 coats to get it to the desired finish. It has held up well, so far.

Finally got to shoot it yesterday. Shot great! Big boom the first time and every time...

I tweaked around with different amounts of powder and seemed to do best with 75gr. FF Goex.

I had a 10 shot pattern in a 2 in ragged hole @ 25yards. Not bad for me.

Thanks again for your kind comments! This board has proven to be a wealth of info and a big help!

Latest posts

Back