• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just got this in - my first rock-lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's one fancy gun! You better let someone else put the first scratch on it so you don't hate yourself for the rest of your life. Just joking of course. Enjoy! :hatsoff:

Actually, I didn't have to wait. The man that commissioned it had just received it and found out he had cancer - and no insurance. He had to put it (and some other guns I think) up for sale for medical bills. Carlen just went through his last chemo treatment a couple of weeks ago, so we don't know yet how it went.

That puts me under a double-obligation to take care of it and use it well.

After I bought it and it was in transit, I contacted Steve Zihn about building one to my specifications. I'm going with a John Rigby style English Sporter in 20-bore, w/ a 34-inch straight taper barrel. My target weight is about 9 lbs. Right now Steve has a 2 year waiting list for builds.

AlanA said:
One more photo to show the forend and ramrod pipes:

cs06.jpg

Aaarrgh! I can't take it any longer. Have you no mercy? :rotf:

Being a fan of Christian Springs and early Lancaster guns, I really enjoyed your photos. The decoration on this guns is exceptional. You must be proud to own it.

Regards,
Pletch

Steve Zihn is a master, you did well. That rifle I believe has been posted for a while on other sites, glad you got her. But I'm with Hanshi get rid of that sissy sling. :grin: It's a disservice to Steve's fine work. Only a two year wait for one of Steve's fine guns is well worth it unless you 're 85 or 90, and can't afford to buy green Bananas.....think about it.

Bill

Your gun was in front of mine, Steve is starting on mine now. Hope mine is as pretty as yours. I knew it was Steves work as soon as I saw the pictures :thumbsup:

I'm in the queue for a 20-bore Rigby English Sporter now. My original intention was a fairly plain working gun, but I can see the temptation creeping in to throw him a wad of cash and say "Go nuts". I have a couple of years to decide. :idunno:

Alan, the name of the Rifle can not be:
"Das Valkyrie"
The german word for "Valkyrie" is female and "das" would be the neutral article and will not work.
The correct wording is: "Die Walkuere" or if it has to be the odd german-english mix:
"Die Valkyrie"
Even though it may sound cool to english speakers, it is plain wrong and sounds about as bad as it can be for a native german speaker.
Taking german words into the english language seems to be a fashion right now, but even all those hip "german" word users (usually article writers), use the german word about 80% of the time in the wrong context...

When I zeroed it I was very pleased at it's accuracy. I wrote Carin that it just ate the center out of the target at 50 yards. Not a "group", but just a ragged hole.
The elk and moose should be very afraid.
:)

Back