• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just Ordered a Kibler Fowling Piece!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just placed my order for one of Kibler’s new English fowling pieces. I chose walnut wood and a bore of 16 to the pound. I also ordered both varieties of Jax darkening solution and some bone black.

I can’t wait to get it!!! I have never in my life done a kit build and am incredibly excited to try it. I want to learn how to engrave the brass sideplate, thumb piece, and buttplate. I’ll also be heavily researching the best ways to finish walnut. I am going to be going for a lightly aged patina look.

After seeing how much attention to detail there is in their kits, it was an easy buy. The value is just out of this world considering the ease of the kit and the amazing quality of the CNC’d parts. A Pedersoli trade gun is MORE expensive and a commissioned custom would be probably twice as much.

I’ve always loved trade guns and fowlers. I think they’re really pretty and interesting and know that especially during the 18th Century they were considered an all purpose gun and would have been many peoples only firearm, rifles being less common. I absolutely adore the fact Jim chose a mid-grade fowler to replicate vs an extremely fancy or a low grade gun. This should allow a lot of versatility for period correctness during events for various personas, as a gun such as this could have been found in use among several different classes and ethnicities of peoples.

I’ll be posting lots of photos when it gets here. Any tips n’ tricks welcome. Thanks guys!!

-Smokey

Latest posts

Back