• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just under 24hours!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Of ownership! I got my hands on this Zoli Buff Hunter in 58 smoothbore Friday afternoon.
I removed the barrel and shimmed it off the lock Friday night. Saturday loaded 75grns of 3f, three leather x olive oil wads and a patched .562". It just missed the target so adjusted the rear sight.
Shot two was just a bit high.
Shot three @ 45yards (or so)......

Shot five was a miss at ten yards...shot high!
Shot six at about 12yds....

To say I am pleased would be an understatement in deed!
This is my new ball gun!

Brits :hatsoff:

Brit, good going all 'round!

But two questions...

What is on your face, and, you HIT that rabbit with a .56 ball (fired with all that powder) on the sixth try at point blank range?

Oh, and pat the nice dog for me!

Alden said:
Brit, good going all 'round!

But two questions...

What is on your face, and, you HIT that rabbit with a .56 ball (fired with gunpowder)?

I always cover my hands and face when stalking critters Alden, a white face and hands is a dead give away!

Yep,.56 ball.....head shootin', what'll do a lot 'll do a little :thumbsup:

B.

Alden said:
And the dog is stamping the ground with his foot saying:
"Either put that face mask on ME or I'm going back to the house where it's warm"...LOL

Good going Brit !
:thumbsup:

It was years and years before I found out there was a smooth version of the Buffalo Hunter. Those guns got a lot of mileage when they first came out in the 60's. We all figured they'd do what the Zouave didn't...wrong. They had the same barrel bore design with a cute exterior...basically a Zouave carbine with no barrel ban and checkering. Still, I've seen them take bunnies, bears and one big old pile of deer. Good gun.

If you got a Hunter, got it shimmed and loads done and busted a bunny in a day, Sir, I take my hat off to you! :hatsoff: Besides, any time I get to see some of your photos with ole Sprocket, I'm happy. Good hunting!

:hatsoff:
Congratulations - nice going!

Here I am sitting with my smoothbore gun for over a year now and didn't manage to take a single critter... :grin: again :bow:

Silex

Looks like someone's gonna be eat'n good tonight...limited to .40 cal or smaller here in Pennsylvania....sure wish I could hunt with my .54 cal...you know, for squirrels and such! :wink:

Latest posts

Back