• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kentucky Doe.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJC

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to harvest deer number 2 and finish out my Kentucky Hunting Season in a Zone 3 county. A nice big fat doe.
About the same size as my spike buck. I took some darn nice photo"s with the cell phone too. That is where my luck ran out. While I was taking care of a few things after hanging and washing out the deer, My wife sent my cell phone for a few laps in the washing machine.

Deer heart,RIce and some corn for supper. Had some apple pie for desert, That would be the Kentucky version of apple pie.

Want to thank Spence for wishing me a nice fat doe on flat ground to finish out my season as that is exactly what happened.

Pat Cameron

Congratulations on the doe. I might celebrate with you with some apple pie of my own. :wink:

Good shooting PJC!...The freezers filling up!
Congrats on the flat ground doe. :thumbsup:
I fought it but..My wife insisted I carry a phone...(not from the cell phone generation) :surrender:
I call when I'm down from an elevated stand..
She feels better and thats what counts in the end.
Happy wife = Happy life..

Did you use the 45 cal. again? shot distance..etc?

The Wisconsin regular gun season starts the 23rd....hoping for snow. :grin:
Always a great leadup to the hunt reading the hunting tales here.
Great season !

Congratulations on the doe! :hatsoff: Sorry about the phone, but it made me laugh because I thought I was the only one who washed a cell phone.

Congratulations on your deer. I remember when we used to have very limited doe hunting. As I recall I saw a lot more of them then when hunting during buck only seasons which was the majority of the gun season, I see them rarely now that I live in a 300 doe per season (3per day) end of Sept-January zone.

Congrats on the doe.
I only turn on my cell phone when I run out of gas or need help. Usually it's useless in those situations because there are no towers nearby. Also, my cell phone's photos are poor quality. :td:

I phone when I get something so she knows I am going to be late. One time I phoned and she said the police called and they are looking for you. I guess because I was late getting out of the woods the property owner was worried that I was hurt. Had some splaining to do to the police when I got out as they knew nothing about hunting. Also the new phones take great photo's to share on the internet.

I used the 45 cal again. was not a long shot. Maybe 40 yards. about the same as the spike buck but a different location in the woods. This is my fourth deer with this rifle. I was worried that the 45 might be too light. I load it right and it does the job. I shot the first two with 90gr of FFFG. I use 80gr now, for the simple reason that I have a 80gr powder measure and it does seem about right for the caliber.

Pat

Pat...Do You get pass throughs?
I realize shot angle is everything.
Do use soft lead or a harden roundball.?
At 80 gr. that 45 cal. rb is zipping right along.
Thanks.....Dan

Latest posts

Back