• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Kibler fowler,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
here is a Kibler smooth bore fowler in 20ga. i just finished. this gun is in the correct walnut, aged, it has a total of 7 coats of chambers original oil on the wood. metal is in the white also aged. my buddy mulebrain call it antique white. there is really nothing to point out that is bad, this gun came out great! i completely dissembled the lock for polishing, cleaning and aging. i filed out and sanded all tool marks in the metal and the wood was sanded and prepped smooth, and lot of work went into it. the ramrod has the correct tip Jim sends and it is correctly pinned on. this gun balances beautiful. it weighs shy of 7 1/2 lb. $2150 shipped and insured,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
smooth bore (1).JPG
smooth bore (10).JPG
smooth bore (11).JPG
smooth bore (12).JPG
smooth bore (13).JPG
smooth bore (14).JPG
smooth bore (15).JPG
smooth bore (16).JPG
smooth bore (2).JPG
the photos don't do it justice. i think to order one now it is a 6 month wait at least. i like postal MO or Zelle is good.

here is a Kibler smooth bore fowler in 20ga. i just finished. this gun is in the correct walnut, aged, it has a total of 7 coats of chambers original oil on the wood. metal is in the white also aged. my buddy mulebrain call it antique white. there is really nothing to point out that is bad, this gun came out great! i completely dissembled the lock for polishing, cleaning and aging. i filed out and sanded all tool marks in the metal and the wood was sanded and prepped smooth, and lot of work went into it. the ramrod has the correct tip Jim sends and it is correctly pinned on. this gun balances beautiful. it weighs shy of 7 1/2 lb. 2150 shipped and insured,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, View attachment 336784
Nice, very nice! Good job! :thumb: Jim K and you are team.
Larry

thank you for the complement, i wish i could see John's gun. does he have a webpage?
No website that I know of. He's primarily a horn maker. Guns at his table might have been made by another, just on offer by Proud. There were always a few guys ahead of me at his table, so did not talk to him about it.

Awesome job! I wish he would make the Fowler with a little longer lop. I don’t think it would fit someone who’s 6’3”

LOL, well i would like to thank all you people for your kind words! and encouraging someone such as myself. you really do make a person feel good! and i want to especially thank Mike in FL for those thoughts and opinions! i remember not that long ago when he was having trouble with a Kibler SMR i believe it was, that he was doing and having a bad time, and i was there to help and offer advice that he Glady took from myself and others! really it makes a man feel good to know others in the gun community stick together and help one another! and offer words of encouragement! thank you all so much! you are really wonderful people! and i won't forget it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back