• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler Rifles What Caliber or Gauge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious, if you were at a gun show, flea market, local gun shop, etc...
And there was multiple, complete Kibler rifles for sale, what caliber, smooth or rifled or what gauge would you be more likely to buy? Or other folks be more likely to buy?

SMR: .32, .36, .40, .45
Colonial: .50, .54, .58 Smooth or Rifled
Woodsrunner: .45, .50, .54
Fowler: 20ga or 16g

Thank you for any and all replies.

Take Care Stay Safe

GSML
1 of each

SMR in .45 is my next one, I love the Colonial I have in .54 but it's a little heavy for my busted shoulder to be hiking around in the woods shooting offhand. As much as I hate to admit that I cant physically do it, I'll toot my own horn that my morals are taking precedence over my pride and an innocent animal won't run off wounded because I made a shaky shot. It's a freaking beast of a bench rifle though.

I'm hoping to sell it before friendship and maybe I'll run into Mr. Kibler if he has a booth there and pick up an SMR kit.
I thought about the Colonial in 50 but if your saying the 54 is heavy maybe I’ll just stick with the Verner Rifle I have been getting the parts together for in 50.

I'm curious, if you were at a gun show, flea market, local gun shop, etc...
And there was multiple, complete Kibler rifles for sale, what caliber, smooth or rifled or what gauge would you be more likely to buy? Or other folks be more likely to buy?

SMR: .32, .36, .40, .45
Colonial: .50, .54, .58 Smooth or Rifled
Woodsrunner: .45, .50, .54
Fowler: 20ga or 16g

Thank you for any and all replies.

Take Care Stay Safe

GSML
4- SMR: .45
3- Colonial: 50, .58 Smooth and Rifled
5- Woodsrunner: .50,
1- Fowler: 20ga

I have all my Kibler’s in the listed configuration.

Last edited:
I thought about the Colonial in 50 but if your saying the 54 is heavy maybe I’ll just stick with the Verner Rifle I have been getting the parts together for in 50.
My .54 in extra fancy is 9lb 2 oz I think. It's not super heavy, just too heavy for my busted front shoulder to hold steady shooting offhand.

I own a Colonial in .58, an SMR with both .40 and .45 barrels, and a Fowler in 20 gauge...

I'm considering getting an SMR barrel in .36 and a 16 gauge for the Fowler. If I had the ready cash, I would find a Pedersoli Flintlock double instead of the 16 gauge barrel...
Thanks.
I too like them double flinters.

Back