• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

kibler works,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice kill! It’s really wetting my hunting appetite seeing peoples hunting post for this year! Life’s been hectic here lately and I haven’t even been in the woods for squirrels!! I love that some of you fellow citizens are able to deer hunt with the smoke poles this early in the year!!

our season starts Aug. 15 and goes through jan1 on private land. up until about 5 or 6 years ago there was no limit on bucks and no obnoxious deer tags! so i have killed a lot of deer in my 66 years of life. the tags are transportation tags only anyway, they do not get turned in or really mean a thing to most of the rednex here in the lowcountry of SC. it is basically a way for the state to rob us of more money. after you use your 3 buck tags you can buy more! there are a lot of people on their own land who ignore it. but now days i kill only 5 or 6 deer a year, i use my wife's tags if i am out, and need to transport a deer. i give most of the meat to woman or older folks who can't hunt. this one went to the young lady who cuts my wife's hair,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

click on photo, back in the 90s my cousin and uncle and i went hunting in aug. i killed two of those bucks and they killed one each, they were still in velvet, we had a truck load to skin. a friend who owned a saw mill had a skinning room and cooler and processing room let us use his cooler to hang the meat for a week and we all met back up and processed it, a good time for sure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Attachments

• truck load of deer.jpg
    truck load of deer.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
View attachment 254295
"harvested" this with the Kibler this morning,,,,,,,,,,,,JUST KIDDING! I KILLED HIM! i only harvest out of a garden. anyway, at around 7:30 i shot him with my 45 kibler SMR. he ran about 50yds and died dead! on the photo the shot looks back but he was quartering away, the ball landed under the hide behind the offside shoulder after breaking two ribs. the load was 55gr. of 3f goex and the shot was 80 long paces here is the recovered ball,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,View attachment 254296
Yep, that ain't no tater.

our season starts Aug. 15 and goes through jan1 on private land. up until about 5 or 6 years ago there was no limit on bucks and no obnoxious deer tags! so i have killed a lot of deer in my 66 years of life. the tags are transportation tags only anyway, they do not get turned in or really mean a thing to most of the rednex here in the lowcountry of SC. it is basically a way for the state to rob us of more money. after you use your 3 buck tags you can buy more! there are a lot of people on their own land who ignore it. but now days i kill only 5 or 6 deer a year, i use my wife's tags if i am out, and need to transport a deer. i give most of the meat to woman or older folks who can't hunt. this one went to the young lady who cuts my wife's hair,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Being from PA, I gotta say I find in fascinating to here of other states bag limits. I cannot fathom no limits on bucks! I've been hunting since the late 70's and it's been 1 buck a year the entire time. Doe tags were a lottery and you were lucky to get 1 tag back then. Doe season (in rifle) was usually 2 or 3 days, that's it. Could use in archery and muzzleloader season if had one. An un-used buck tag could be used for a doe in the after Christmas Muzzleloader season anywhere in state. Dad and I always felt fortunate to draw a doe tag in our county. Used to have to stand outside the post office with our pink envelopes so when they first opened, could drop them in local box and went straight to courthouse, was our best chance of getting a doe tag. Now it's still 1 buck a year but Doe tags are more available for most areas. About everybody can get at least 1 doe tag if not several.

Being from PA, I gotta say I find in fascinating to here of other states bag limits. I cannot fathom no limits on bucks! I've been hunting since the late 70's and it's been 1 buck a year the entire time. Doe tags were a lottery and you were lucky to get 1 tag back then. Doe season (in rifle) was usually 2 or 3 days, that's it. Could use in archery and muzzleloader season if had one. An un-used buck tag could be used for a doe in the after Christmas Muzzleloader season anywhere in state. Dad and I always felt fortunate to draw a doe tag in our county. Used to have to stand outside the post office with our pink envelopes so when they first opened, could drop them in local box and went straight to courthouse, was our best chance of getting a doe tag. Now it's still 1 buck a year but Doe tags are more available for most areas. About everybody can get at least 1 doe tag if not several.
to me that is radicicols! if that's all i could hunt, i wouldn't! what right does a state have to limit a man one deer a year? these people are our servants! not the other way around! that is in no way freedom! if the deer are populated and not endangered, then a man should be free to kill them! with any weapon at any time during a season that he pleases! during the whole season on private land we can hunt with anything "we the people" want to in SC! that is the way it should be across this country,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

View attachment 254295
"harvested" this with the Kibler this morning,,,,,,,,,,,,JUST KIDDING! I KILLED HIM! i only harvest out of a garden. anyway, at around 7:30 i shot him with my 45 kibler SMR. he ran about 50yds and died dead! on the photo the shot looks back but he was quartering away, the ball landed under the hide behind the offside shoulder after breaking two ribs. the load was 55gr. of 3f goex and the shot was 80 long paces here is the recovered ball,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,View attachment 254296
I can smell the back strap on the griddle from here

Nice little buck. Man I wish my state would have went the more varied and longer seasons route such as an early "primitive BP season".
Instead they legalized centerfires and implemented enormous bag limits. Until this year someone could take 13 deer in my county. They have decimated the deer pops and this year clamped down the bonus tags but not the regular season bag limits and still no extra hunting opportunities.

Latest posts

Back