• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

KIK powder review

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Capper said:
Yes, but he said a week in busy months. I burn a lot of powder, but 10 lbs in a week?

I didn't think any of the conversation was serious. Just making conversation.

He seemed to have a pretty short fuse towards me.

Going to live in the mountains with my dog might be a good idea after all.

Think you guys were thinking on two different tracks.

A case a year would average to about a half pound a week. Given that the winter months up here are not the best shooting weather and that the summer months have days that are 20 hours long, it would be possible to go through a lot of powder in a short amount of time in the summer and then little to none in the winter.

If 10 pounds a week were the norm he would be going through 20 cases a year rather than one.

Hate to drag this up again, but here's my side.

In his post above my first post on this subject. He said he was worried, because he only had 10lbs left.

I asked how long it took him to shoot that. My thought was it would take awhile, and not something to worry about.

He came back with "a week in busy months."

It went downhill from there.

I like kik, even more than goex. I find that it shoots a bit cleaner and is slightly more powerful. That being said they are so close I'd probably go for the cheaper brand, which is always kik.

Back