• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kill 'im rait na heart, dat wan buliki, poor bala...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spiffy!

My main trick for fixing tough old cow (or any other red meat) is to dice the meat into stew meat size or grind it into burger, brown it then put a can of tomato sauce in the pot and let it simmer for a half hour or so. Then use the meat and juice in a stew or spaghetti sauce.

EXACTLY SO. = Years ago, when I was the director of a BSA camp we were given a wild Brahma bull, with the understanding that he would be "removed from the farm" immediately.
One of our SM took his Garand out, shot the LARGE/AGGRESSIVE bull & 4 of us spent the evening dressing him out.

I had NEVER eaten bull-meat but he was converted into >600KG of ground beef & stew meat before breakfast. = Our Scouts ate a LOT of spaghetti & meat sauce, hamburger steak AND beef stew that Summer.
(Our council is small, relatively poor & that bull made "feeding the troops" a lot more economical.)

Bull meat is RICHER than steer/cow & TASTY, imVho.

yours, satx

I was very surprised when you said that you used Alliant Black MZ. I have been using it for a year or so, especially with my cap lock pistols and rifles. The Alliant plant is just a few miles from where I live and I have used there smokeless powders all of my adult life.

Great hunting story, and congratulations on taking the bull.

Thank you. Alliant Black MZ is the only powder I can get. Hopefully I can source some finer stuff for when I embark on the flintlock journey, but that won't be for some time. It'll be tricky to get.

My flintlock with a small Siler lock won't shoot reliably with anything except 3F black powder with a prime of 4F.

If all else fails, make your own.

Back