• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Knight Red hot musket nipples work!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I mentioned last year that I wa
IMG_20240607_100151805.jpg
s having ignition problems with my 54 New Englander mostly with 2f T7. I modified my nipple and it helped but wasn't a sure cure. I came across Knights on Amazon and ordered one. They ain't cheap but boy do they work. Shot 2f about ten shots and cleaned when loading got tough but I had instant ignition. Rifle is sighted in for 480 grain No Excuses so I held just under the plate. Every shot hit. I'm sold!

I mentioned last year that I waView attachment 325979s having ignition problems with my 54 New Englander mostly with 2f T7. I modified my nipple and it helped but wasn't a sure cure. I came across Knights on Amazon and ordered one. They ain't cheap but boy do they work. Shot 2f about ten shots and cleaned when loading got tough but I had instant ignition. Rifle is sighted in for 480 grain No Excuses so I held just under the plate. Every shot hit. I'm sold!
What distance and pics of target?
My William Moore 12 bore has original nipples with holes big enough for a pencil lead! The hammers take a grown man to cock, I guess why they don't blow off during firing.
It's never failed to fire.

I mentioned last year that I waView attachment 325979s having ignition problems with my 54 New Englander mostly with 2f T7. I modified my nipple and it helped but wasn't a sure cure. I came across Knights on Amazon and ordered one. They ain't cheap but boy do they work. Shot 2f about ten shots and cleaned when loading got tough but I had instant ignition. Rifle is sighted in for 480 grain No Excuses so I held just under the plate. Every shot hit. I'm sold!
Good call gunpa. The Knight Red Hots were the cure for the TC Hawkens I have, when using Triple 7. Not to be confused with the vented, "Hot Shot" nipples, which did nothing for me with the TC's. They probably work well in other rifles though. SW

Latest posts

Back