• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Last hour, Last day...got my deer.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saturday, January 25th, the last day of the extended flintlock Deer Season in Allegheny County PA. I could get in two hours of hunting, so I grabbed my rifle ( a .54 caliber Harpers Ferry repro - custom, PRB, and about 140 gr FFg "GarryOwen"), and my pack, and entered the woods at 3:45 pm. After 40 minutes, snow came down like a blizzard,

Heart felt congratulations for your success. Nice to see one of the Harpers Ferry rifles turn out to be a reliable shooter. They can be a bit contrary. Enjoy those venison steaks, you earned it! :thumbsup:

Grumpa said:
have been hunting with the flintlock since 1975, and this is the first deer I've ever taken with flintlock! Lots of stories, but no meat, until now.
Congratulations. Feels good, doesn't it? :grin:

Spence

Paul Valladigham is STILL helping out other shooters, a couple years after his death.

Great story and congrats on your efforts! Glad it finally came together for you. :hatsoff:

Congrats on your hunt, It just goes to show it's never to late. A couple of hours in the woods is better than 0 hours in the woods. :wink: :thumbsup:

Nice going...enjoy the venison while rehashing the experience over and over in your own mind as well as with others...you as cold down there in the burgh as I am up here in the rock? If that dang groundhog says 6 more weeks of Winter I say we take our flintlocks and take him out...and I don't mean to dinner...oh wait maybe I do mean dinner...with him as the main course! :wink:

Congrats on your doe! Your drive to make meat with your flintlock is quite a story in its self. Glad it came together for you and it was with a gun from a friend. My good friend that got me into ml shooting-hunting died this past Saturday and I have a couple of shooting bags that he helped me make that I will always remember him by. Dan.

Latest posts

Back